Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums - View Single Post - treadmill/training shoes

View Single Post

Old 12-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bookmen

Bookmen is a rookie! Class in session...
treadmill/training shoes

Hi All,

I'm 25 and currently running 3 miles, 3 days a week, Mon-Wed-Fri and have only been running on this level for 2-3 months. I have incorporated jump roping into my workout recently and have started to suffer from jumpers knee. I have purchased some jumper knee braces which have helped the pain but after reading and researching this weekend I want to switch my running style to more of a forefoot style as I'm currently a heel striker. I also lift weights and wear the brace during all my training now. Although I like to run outside I exclusively use a treadmill because conditions do not allow me to run outside right now. I looking for a shoe that will support forefoot running on a treadmill but also allow me to use it in my other training activities. I have been reviewing many shoes online and leaning towards purchasing the Nike Free Dynamic TR Men's Training shoe (NikeStore. Shop the Official Nike Store for Shoes, Clothing & Gear).

I wanted to get some opinions on shoes that would fit my training scenario and see what type of shoes you guys/girls wear during training also, or even if two different shoes would be more appropriate. I am just looking for a shoe that is designed for a more forefoot style of running but I could cross train in. Feel free to ask me any questions.
Bookmen is offline   Reply With Quote