Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums - View Single Post - Fringe P4P Fighter - Juan Manuel Lopez

View Single Post

Old 08-20-2009, 09:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
BDUB2112
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
By Mark Vester

As previously reported, undefeated WBO super bantamweight champion Juan Manuel Lopez extended his contract with Top Rank. The fight revealed the details of the new pact. The deal will run until at least 2012 and guarantees him two fights per year. During 2009, Top Rank also resigned WBO welterweight champion Miguel Cotto and WBO/WBC middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik.

"I now feel relaxed that I can provide my family with economic security for the next three years. Top Rank has been with me since the start of my career and I don't have complaints. I am pleased with what we agreed upon," Lopez told Primera Hora.

Lopez said that a press conference is scheduled for August 27 in New York to announce his October 10 title defense against Rogers Mtagwa. The fight will headline Top Rank's next pay-per-view from the Theater in Madison Square Garden.
  Reply With Quote