Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

where to place a boxing bag??

7K views 43 replies 6 participants last post by  Danniekitten 
#1 ·
Hi there

I need some help please

I just got a boxing bag and has a attached chain to hang....I cant really afford a real boxing stand right now, So im wondering
does anyone have any suggestion where i can place the bag???

thanks alot

#4 ·
Danniekitten said:
im sorry what is that?

i mean i have a basement....but im not sure where im gonna place this bag...yikes

He is saying hang it from the beams on the cieling of your basement. If they are sturdy. If not do you have a garage or carport? They may also have strong beams in the cieling you can hang it from.

As a last resoert what about a tree, if it is well covered from rain. Maybe use a tarp to cover.

#8 ·
administrator said:
Thats where i hung mine, in the basement off one of the floor support beams.

My parents used to get freaked if it was 1am and i was getting rid of some stress.

Then i was kicked to the garage with the punching bag :laugh:

me too.dude

#15 ·
Danniekitten said:
so that thumbs r down right?

how many hits r there to learn?

i know the hook, the right cross and the jab...i need to work on them

if you are learning now
it should a law to have tapes on these guys
camacho sr.
pernel
and few others that ill list them later

#17 ·
Well if you live near a gym go there, its always great to go to a full fledged boxing gym to be trained. I go to Larry Holmes gym in Easton, PA. Larry is in there all the time and jokes around with me and all of the other guys. But training there is finominal, and Larry gives me pointers all of the time.

#22 ·
not really

ive always been interested but never did a thing about it...
i saw music videos and stuff and decided to do it...i needed to keep busy and wanted to tone as well as learn some hits lol.....
i like the reaction people give when they hear a girl boxes....itsbadass...and its good to know the basics anyway

#23 ·
Thats cool you should watch a few shows. You may understand things that you are reading or watching in instuctional videso/books.

Where are you from? Outdoor life channell has some good fights on tonight & they should replay them at 10 pac & 1 eastern Tonight

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.