Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums - View Single Post - question regarding training and metabolism

View Single Post

Old 01-06-2012, 09:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
TheCornishMan
OUCH THAT BLOODY HURT!!!

TheCornishMan shows alot of potential TheCornishMan shows alot of potential TheCornishMan shows alot of potential TheCornishMan shows alot of potential TheCornishMan shows alot of potential TheCornishMan shows alot of potential TheCornishMan shows alot of potential TheCornishMan shows alot of potential TheCornishMan shows alot of potential TheCornishMan shows alot of potential TheCornishMan shows alot of potential
Each persons metabolic rate is different, we all know slim people who consume large amount of calories yet do not gain weight, so i could not give you a definitive answer, metabolic rate can be assessed by doctors, but i know for a fact that resting muscle burns several times more calories than a equal amount of fat does.

You burn calories just sitting, you burn more calories when exercising, my point was your pulse rate does not have to be at its max to burn decent amount of calories, the work on the speedbag primarily only works the upper torso so can give you the impression you are not working hard, but you are, its just not using the large muscle mass of the legs thighs and glutes as much.