Mundine to Defend in New Zealand - Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums

SIGNIN 

 

Register Now

Not a member yet? Join today - its free!
Boxing Forum General Discussion A place for general boxing discussion.

Reply

Old 04-30-2007, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SugarShane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 22,174
SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game
Mundine to Defend in New Zealand

By Ray Wheatley -- World of Boxing

WBA super middleweight champion Anthony "The Man" Mundine will defend his title in Auckland, New Zealand it has been reported. This will be the first major world title bout in New Zealand which has been scheduled for August, the Sunday Star-Times exclusively revealed. The contest will be promoted by Waaam Boxing, run by former Warriors rugby league chief executive Mick Watson. Watson - manages league star turned boxer Monty Betham and he was deep in talks with Mundine's manager on Friday, where it's understood the deal was made. The Mundine undercard will feature former Australian rugby league star turned heavyweight, Solomon Haumono, world top-15 ranked Kiwis Mohamed Azzaoui and Peter Kariuki, as well as Daniel Bass and Betham. New Zealand matchmaker John Glozier confirmed the news. "This is the biggest thing to happen to New Zealand boxing."This is the first time a legitimate, recognized world title of any repute has been held in New Zealand. It will be amazing for Kiwi boxing and its profile." Mundine recently won the WBA super middleweight belt in Sydney against fellow Australian Sam Soliman.

Who is Monty Betham?
__________________
The Champ Is Back

SugarShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-01-2007, 05:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 54
jahobe is a rookie! Class in session...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoyFloyd
By Ray Wheatley -- World of Boxing

WBA super middleweight champion Anthony "The Man" Mundine will defend his title in Auckland, New Zealand it has been reported. This will be the first major world title bout in New Zealand which has been scheduled for August, the Sunday Star-Times exclusively revealed. The contest will be promoted by Waaam Boxing, run by former Warriors rugby league chief executive Mick Watson. Watson - manages league star turned boxer Monty Betham and he was deep in talks with Mundine's manager on Friday, where it's understood the deal was made. The Mundine undercard will feature former Australian rugby league star turned heavyweight, Solomon Haumono, world top-15 ranked Kiwis Mohamed Azzaoui and Peter Kariuki, as well as Daniel Bass and Betham. New Zealand matchmaker John Glozier confirmed the news. "This is the biggest thing to happen to New Zealand boxing."This is the first time a legitimate, recognized world title of any repute has been held in New Zealand. It will be amazing for Kiwi boxing and its profile." Mundine recently won the WBA super middleweight belt in Sydney against fellow Australian Sam Soliman.

Who is Monty Betham?


Monty Betham was a rugby league player for the new zealand warriors and he left while still in top shape, i think it was his first fight or second last week and he looked really good, even though he was fighting a chump there is serious potential there.

Also his father was a world class boxer and fought against Tony Mundine years ago.

Who is Mundine gonna be defending it against, i look forward to that, am hoping it's calzaghe or kessler.
jahobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SugarShane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 22,174
SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game
Calzaghe and Kessler are fighting each other so that wont happen.
__________________
The Champ Is Back

SugarShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-01-2007, 06:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 54
jahobe is a rookie! Class in session...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoyFloyd
Calzaghe and Kessler are fighting each other so that wont happen.

thats good to hear there gonna finally get it on, kessler will beat joe.

Who do u think would be a good opponent for Mundine.

maybe lacy might wanna get embarressed again.
jahobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SugarShane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 22,174
SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game
I would like to see Mundine face Lacy, Beyer or Andrade. They are ranked 3,4, and 5 respectively.
__________________
The Champ Is Back

SugarShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 54
jahobe is a rookie! Class in session...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoyFloyd
I would like to see Mundine face Lacy, Beyer or Andrade. They are ranked 3,4, and 5 respectively.
cant argue with that, but i see him beating all of those guys, he has enough all round to take care of them, at least it would be a good stepping stone to demand the best in the future
jahobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SugarShane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 22,174
SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game
I, too think he COULD beat all of them. However, a finely tuned Jeff Lacy could cause trouble and if Andrade could update his defense he could give him a less significant tough time.
__________________
The Champ Is Back

SugarShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned
 
TommyGunn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 25,672
TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahobe
cant argue with that, but i see him beating all of those guys, he has enough all round to take care of them, at least it would be a good stepping stone to demand the best in the future
mundine shouldn't even have a title, the screwed up system of the WBA is the only reason. do you know that there are 3 WBA champions at cruiser?

what did he do to deserve a shot, he got punk'd off the only 2 descent names on his record.

his dad could fight but he should be mocked instead of given props for the way he tries to copy ali.

mundine loses to anybody with a pulse from 160-175, he's possibly a future floyd opponent to make floyd look good going for his 7th title.



TommyGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SugarShane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 22,174
SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game SugarShane is a student of the game
Hahaha and Floyd would sadly destroy MUNDINE. Although the fight would never happen it would be a spectacle.
__________________
The Champ Is Back

SugarShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 54
jahobe is a rookie! Class in session...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn
mundine shouldn't even have a title, the screwed up system of the WBA is the only reason. do you know that there are 3 WBA champions at cruiser?

what did he do to deserve a shot, he got punk'd off the only 2 descent names on his record.

his dad could fight but he should be mocked instead of given props for the way he tries to copy ali.

mundine loses to anybody with a pulse from 160-175, he's possibly a future floyd opponent to make floyd look good going for his 7th title.

he gets props for his boxing ability, even fans of his like myself cringe when he goe's off on his fractured rants, but that gets put aside as he keeps on improving with every fight, he can beat anyone in the division at the moment as he is heading towards his peak, not saying he would beat calzaghe or kessler 4 sure but he has as good or a better chance at being a worthwhile challenge for the top 2 than anyone else in the division.

It may be a bit of a joke fighting for the vacant title but after the green fight kessler was supposed to take up an offer from mundine for the title but kessler's schedule wouldnt allow it apparently even though mundine offered him 80% of the purse for the shot, but no a little while later kessler announces his fight with beyer, who mundine would destroy, so he tried to take the belt the real way but it didnt pan out, can u really fault the guy for winning the vacant belt against soliman who was never stopped up until that fight, wright couldnt do it.

And his first title he won of echols who might have been a fighter on the way down but mundine was still a rookie to the sport, yeh he got ko'd by ottke after beating him 4 9 rounds but it was his 10th fight and he went to germany to fight an undefeated champion, not many would fight for the title after 9 fights, so tommy that is why he deserves to be the champ because he went after it and no matter how he got it.

u joke about a future spectacle aginst mayweather but tell me mate, your boy calzaghe against manfredo was an absolute discrace to boxing, yeh joe has really done a good job of leaving a legacy of a champ who fights chumps, oh eubanks, lacy... joe is amazing chuk in about 25 bar fighters and theres your champ.

when mundine defends the title and then gets a shot at joe (who he would kill but the fight would prob never happen) or kessler and is still holding the belt maybe then he might deserve it, meanwhile joe is probably praying kessler breaks both his hands in a freak clog dancing accident before the fight so he can head to the nearest pub and hand pik the next opponent.


he might act like a tool and talk ****, but give him some credit for his boxing ability,,, he's still learning boys.
jahobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc. Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios