Whos better, Cotto or Hatton........ - Page 2 - Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums

SIGNIN 

 

Register Now

Not a member yet? Join today - its free!
Boxing Upcoming Matches and Results A boxing forum dedicated to upcoming match discussion, news and results.

Reply

Old 08-13-2007, 06:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,092
tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect
Quote:
Originally Posted by TysonJones
cotto takesx a better body shot than hatton. hatton hasnt fought the bigger NAMES.......old guys, but their names look good on hattons record. Cotto has fought a bunch of young undefeated hungry fighters who didnt have a name but were damn good in the ameteurs and some still only have that one loss on their record. So i wouldtn compare their records that much, they have fought equally good opponents.
an old urkal, old judah, are the biggest names on cottos record. Malignaggi is the best young fighter cottos fought and tbh i could giv that fight to paulie. Quintana was also good fighter.
Tszyu was geting on but he was still a major name and the best at 140 at the time and castillo still a p4p fighter before hatton knocked him out. I know they where both geting on but still very good fighters. Collazo gave ricky a hell of a fight although i had ricky winning by maybe 2 rounds. Hatton also fought good opoonents in earlier fights as maggee and tackie . Urango was also young and hungry.

Last edited by tyson; 08-13-2007 at 07:00 PM..
tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-13-2007, 07:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Contender
 
KNUCKLE UP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,272
KNUCKLE UP is a student of the game KNUCKLE UP is a student of the game KNUCKLE UP is a student of the game KNUCKLE UP is a student of the game KNUCKLE UP is a student of the game KNUCKLE UP is a student of the game KNUCKLE UP is a student of the game KNUCKLE UP is a student of the game KNUCKLE UP is a student of the game KNUCKLE UP is a student of the game KNUCKLE UP is a student of the game
Right now I say Hatton, but Cotto is on his heels. Just hard to agrue against Hatton making possibly the best 140lb fighter ever quit on his stool.
KNUCKLE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 07:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Team Mayweather
 
TysonJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 24,365
TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors
i said they are even on paper, but i believe cotto would beat hatton on strength alone. hatton did beat a still very godo tszyu but hatton wouldnt of made tszyu quit when tszyu was the ruler of that division. they both deserve great props but threads like these only cause arguing lol. its an oppinion. until they fight, we will all wonder, and even after the fight, people will still claim that the loser is still bette.r
__________________

www.freewebs.com/boxingdvds
Over 10,000 fights on dvd
September 2007 - HOF

Gloves for sale now in equipment section - Selling collection
TysonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-13-2007, 09:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 368
AUDI99 is making progress AUDI99 is making progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGunn
better oposition, better chin, more heart.

your way wide of the mark there, cottos best opponent is zab, hattons is kostya, cottos second best is malignaggi, hattons is castillo, cottos third best is quintana, hattons is collazo.

hattons easily fought the better guys, hatton doesn't get knockdown, cotto does so how can cotto have the better chin?

hatton has more heart than any other fighter in boxing just now cotto doesn't.

hatton owns cotto, cotto rejected an offer to fight hatton when both were at 140!!!
the shots that cotto have recived came from stronger fighters than hatton's oponents, thats why i say he has better chin, and ofcourse he has better heart we still havent seen hatton get up from a knockdown and come back stronger like cotto does, just look at the shots he took from judah and corley and didnt went down,,, you dont know what ur talking about, cotto is stronger, i still havent seen hatton's oponent look like they growing a second face. LOL. u guys think that hattons body shots are hard but i think that cottos body shots are harder, hatton cant take shots like cotto, remember that he had to run away from collazo on the last round, or hold him, he was about to get Knock the F--- out, and u know it..............
AUDI99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned
 
TommyGunn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 25,672
TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDI99
the shots that cotto have recived came from stronger fighters than hatton's oponents, thats why i say he has better chin, and ofcourse he has better heart we still havent seen hatton get up from a knockdown and come back stronger like cotto does, just look at the shots he took from judah and corley and didnt went down,,, you dont know what ur talking about, cotto is stronger, i still havent seen hatton's oponent look like they growing a second face. LOL. u guys think that hattons body shots are hard but i think that cottos body shots are harder, hatton cant take shots like cotto, remember that he had to run away from collazo on the last round, or hold him, he was about to get Knock the F--- out, and u know it..............
this must be the worst post ive seen on boxingforum for a long time.

you say the shots cotto has recived are from stronger guys than hatton has faced.....lol....ummm kostya!

you say we haven't seen hatton get up from a knockdown and come on stronger, ummmm he done that against eamnon mcghee.

better body puncher than hatton? yeah right, keep telling yourself that, compare all there stoppages and you'll see hattons by far the better to the body.

hatton cant take a shot like cotto? OMG, put the bottle down man, does this even need to be replied to...



TommyGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
thepowerdavies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Wales, UK
Posts: 606
thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game
This fight I would love to see happen. I agree with I think it was Tysonjones who said threads like this can only be solved by the pair actually fighting. My personal opinion is Hatton will be edge this war but Cotto certainly impressed me v Zab and a win v Mosley could sway me.

It bewilders me tho how people talk down Hattons victory of Kostya.
thepowerdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 02:04 PM   #17 (permalink)
Champion
 
LeedsLad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Leeds
Posts: 7,505
LeedsLad is a student of the game LeedsLad is a student of the game LeedsLad is a student of the game LeedsLad is a student of the game LeedsLad is a student of the game LeedsLad is a student of the game LeedsLad is a student of the game LeedsLad is a student of the game LeedsLad is a student of the game LeedsLad is a student of the game LeedsLad is a student of the game
Quote:
Originally Posted by TysonJones
i said they are even on paper, but i believe cotto would beat hatton on strength alone. hatton did beat a still very godo tszyu but hatton wouldnt of made tszyu quit when tszyu was the ruler of that division. they both deserve great props but threads like these only cause arguing lol. its an oppinion. until they fight, we will all wonder, and even after the fight, people will still claim that the loser is still bette.r
I agree with that. I think on paper there similiar, Cotto doesnt have a win like Tszyu on his record, but he has alot more depth to his record IMO but still, it would be fairly close.
LeedsLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned
 
TommyGunn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 25,672
TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician!
im not covinced about cottos opponents, lets look closer.

quintana: a relitive unknowan, his only notable win was over a very green joel julio who lacks skill at elite level. the guys also tailor made for a strong brawler.

oktay urkal: career 140 fighter, a career 140 guy who couldn't punch there never mind up at 147 where he fought cotto. urkal was also 37 years old and slightly past his best.

zab judah: past his best, had lost 2 and had a no contest from his last 4 fights, losing to floyd was no disgrace obviously but baldomir was, zab will never win a big fight again you can just tell that from watching some fighters and i said that after he lost to baldomir.

cottos being very carefully manufactured in his 147 career and its got a lot of people fooled, we dont have long to wait till mosley exposes this though and we can stop making these silly comparisons to hatton all the time when its plain to see he's just not as good!



TommyGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:45 PM   #19 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,092
tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGunn
im not covinced about cottos opponents, lets look closer.

quintana: a relitive unknowan, his only notable win was over a very green joel julio who lacks skill at elite level. the guys also tailor made for a strong brawler.

oktay urkal: career 140 fighter, a career 140 guy who couldn't punch there never mind up at 147 where he fought cotto. urkal was also 37 years old and slightly past his best.

zab judah: past his best, had lost 2 and had a no contest from his last 4 fights, losing to floyd was no disgrace obviously but baldomir was, zab will never win a big fight again you can just tell that from watching some fighters and i said that after he lost to baldomir.

cottos being very carefully manufactured in his 147 career and its got a lot of people fooled, we dont have long to wait till mosley exposes this though and we can stop making these silly comparisons to hatton all the time when its plain to see he's just not as good!
Spot on tommygun i agree with everything you said there. Im not sure mosley will beat cotto though i think its a very tough fight to score
tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 368
AUDI99 is making progress AUDI99 is making progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyson
Spot on tommygun i agree with everything you said there. Im not sure mosley will beat cotto though i think its a very tough fight to score
yeap, thats true

Last edited by AUDI99; 08-14-2007 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: wrong person
AUDI99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc. Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios