Whos better, Cotto or Hatton........ - Page 3 - Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums

SIGNIN 

 

Register Now

Not a member yet? Join today - its free!
Boxing Upcoming Matches and Results A boxing forum dedicated to upcoming match discussion, news and results.

Reply

Old 08-14-2007, 07:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 368
AUDI99 is making progress AUDI99 is making progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGunn
this must be the worst post ive seen on boxingforum for a long time.

you say the shots cotto has recived are from stronger guys than hatton has faced.....lol....ummm kostya!

you say we haven't seen hatton get up from a knockdown and come on stronger, ummmm he done that against eamnon mcghee.

better body puncher than hatton? yeah right, keep telling yourself that, compare all there stoppages and you'll see hattons by far the better to the body.

hatton cant take a shot like cotto? OMG, put the bottle down man, does this even need to be replied to...
first, who tha hell is eamnon???so he came back from one fight, big deal, cotto came back from several fights, and another thing, hatton best fight was against kostya, his best oponent was Collazo wich i give that fight to collazo, and castillo wasnt even an oponent, his record consist of like 10 losses and his what like 32,35 please, and answer me this, how many oponents look the way cottos oponents look after the fights? NONE. ...... the only way we'll find out is the day they fight, "IF" they fight cause i doubt hatton is getting pass Mayweather, and IF they do youll see hatton face look like his growing an ass out of his right eye oh! and the lamest post are yours cause u dont know what ur talking about, Hatton is over rated,,,,,,,,,
AUDI99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-14-2007, 08:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,092
tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect tyson is a hot prospect
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDI99
first, who tha hell is eamnon???so he came back from one fight, big deal, cotto came back from several fights, and another thing, hatton best fight was against kostya, his best oponent was Collazo wich i give that fight to collazo, and castillo wasnt even an oponent, his record consist of like 10 losses and his what like 32,35 please, and answer me this, how many oponents look the way cottos oponents look after the fights? NONE. ...... the only way we'll find out is the day they fight, "IF" they fight cause i doubt hatton is getting pass Mayweather, and IF they do youll see hatton face look like his growing an ass out of his right eye oh! and the lamest post are yours cause u dont know what ur talking about, Hatton is over rated,,,,,,,,,
no offnece bud but what you posted there doesnt make sense to me

Aint you heard of eamon maggee? tough tough fighter. Your point bout cotto geting hurt more than hatton says it all. He get stunned by any good shot landed on the chin and usually close to geting stoped.Hatton doesnt.

Kostya was a much better oponent than collazo at the time. He was the best in the division. Styles make fights and thats exactly what happened in that fight with collazo. Actually u brought collazo up i think he would giv cotto a run for his money if malignaggi could. U say castillo wasnt an opoonent and has wat 10 loses thats gotta be a joke right? Why was it bigged up to be fight of the year before it happened? Castillo was a p4p fighter who had 7 loses mate and 55 victorys. Hatton does a fair bit of damage to his oponents faces but what does that matter anyways? Hatton knocks the s*** out of the body much better than cotto. Yes cotto hurts oponents to the body but not the way ricky does. Look at the angles ricky delivers with then look at cottos angles. Not the same. Not as good.

Have you watched any of ricky fights because all the oponent ive seen have been battered to defeat. Not always knocked out but hes won convincingly. The shot he finished maussa of with was incredible much better than cottos fight against him. Cotto wouldnt have knocked that guy out.

Last edited by tyson; 08-14-2007 at 08:28 PM..
tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 368
AUDI99 is making progress AUDI99 is making progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyson
no offnece bud but what you posted there doesnt make sense to me

Aint you heard of eamon maggee? tough tough fighter. Your point bout cotto geting hurt more than hatton says it all. He get stunned by any good shot landed on the chin and usually close to geting stoped.Hatton doesnt.

Kostya was a much better oponent than collazo at the time. He was the best in the division. Styles make fights and thats exactly what happened in that fight with collazo. Actually u brought collazo up i think he would giv cotto a run for his money if malignaggi could. U say castillo wasnt an opoonent and has wat 10 loses thats gotta be a joke right? Why was it bigged up to be fight of the year before it happened? Castillo was a p4p fighter who had 7 loses mate and 55 victorys. Hatton does a fair bit of damage to his oponents faces but what does that matter anyways? Hatton knocks the s*** out of the body much better than cotto. Yes cotto hurts oponents to the body but not the way ricky does. Look at the angles ricky delivers with then look at cottos angles. Not the same. Not as good.

Have you watched any of ricky fights because all the oponent ive seen have been battered to defeat. Not always knocked out but hes won convincingly. The shot he finished maussa of with was incredible much better than cottos fight against him. Cotto wouldnt have knocked that guy out.
so youre telling me that collazo didnt hurt hatton on the last round??? did u watch that fight??? hatton almost went down, that round should of been a 10-8 in favor of collazo,,,, listen yeah! he gets hit but, deamit he comes back and kills them, thats heart, if he cant take a shot how come his undefited? PLEASE, Hatton has no shot against Cotto, and why Malignaggi gave him a run cause he lasted all rounds and pushed a decision?, so what!, so did judah to Mayweather, that just prove that Paulie is good, let me put it like this, if u think collazo will give cotto a shot then i think Malignaggi can give hatton a shot... and when i said Castillo had 10 losses i ment he has a distinguished lossing record, thats why i said he had LIKE 10 losses... we'll see when they meet... IF they meet....
AUDI99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-14-2007, 09:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
Team Mayweather
 
TysonJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 24,365
TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors TysonJones mops the gym floors
ok guys cool it lol. this is goign to turn racial.
__________________

www.freewebs.com/boxingdvds
Over 10,000 fights on dvd
September 2007 - HOF

Gloves for sale now in equipment section - Selling collection
TysonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 368
AUDI99 is making progress AUDI99 is making progress
nah, im not like that,,,LOL. i just dont like Hatton...
AUDI99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
All-Time Great
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 158
poet682006 is making progress poet682006 is making progress poet682006 is making progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGunn
better oposition, better chin, more heart.

your way wide of the mark there, cottos best opponent is zab, hattons is kostya, cottos second best is malignaggi, hattons is castillo, cottos third best is quintana, hattons is collazo.

hattons easily fought the better guys, hatton doesn't get knockdown, cotto does so how can cotto have the better chin?

hatton has more heart than any other fighter in boxing just now cotto doesn't.

hatton owns cotto, cotto rejected an offer to fight hatton when both were at 140!!!
In fairness though Tszyu was probably done at the time of the Hatton fight. Guys who fight like him tend to have short shelf lives and Kostya hung around longer than most.

Poet
poet682006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #27 (permalink)
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 368
AUDI99 is making progress AUDI99 is making progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by poet682006
In fairness though Tszyu was probably done at the time of the Hatton fight. Guys who fight like him tend to have short shelf lives and Kostya hung around longer than most.

Poet
thank u, like i said, hatton is overrated
AUDI99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:00 PM   #28 (permalink)
All-Time Great
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 158
poet682006 is making progress poet682006 is making progress poet682006 is making progress
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUDI99
thank u, like i said, hatton is overrated
I'm not going so far as to say he's overrated. I think the jury's out on him until we see him against some top flight opposition. Until then we just don't know.

Poet
poet682006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 12:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned
 
TommyGunn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 25,672
TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician! TommyGunn is a superior tactician!
kostya overated past it???

he was regarded the #2 fighter p4p in the world at that time, he had just destroyed a peaked sharmba mitchell whom was regarded 2 in that weight class when guys like floyd and hatton were both in it so dont gimme that **** that he was past it or anything like that. some fighters are late bloomers in there careers, hopkins springs to mind, so does winky wright and so does kostya tszyu.

collazo just went 12 rounds with shane mosley with a hand that was broken in the 3rd round, we'll see how cotto does, shanes gonna own him come november and i cant wait to see it!

and clling hatton overated is a bit dumb comming from a cotto fan, ****, cotto aint even wqon a title from a champion yet, he likes to pick up the vacant titles.




Last edited by TommyGunn; 08-15-2007 at 12:45 PM..
TommyGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
thepowerdavies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Wales, UK
Posts: 606
thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game thepowerdavies is a student of the game
Its amazeing how people see a fighter go into a fight against Ricky Hatton, a big bookies favourite and No.2 P4P fighter in the world and come out 11 rounds later past it and done. ???
thepowerdavies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc. Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios