Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums

Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums (https://www.boxingforum.com/)
-   Boxingforum.com Pound For Pound Rankings. (https://www.boxingforum.com/boxingforum-com-pound-pound-rankings/)
-   -   VOTING OPEN - BF's P4P Rankings - November '09 (https://www.boxingforum.com/boxingforum-com-pound-pound-rankings/14555-voting-open-bfs-p4p-rankings-november-09-a.html)

Brutus 11-04-2009 12:21 PM

Cant see why some people would rate Rafa Marquez over Israel, i understood it when Israel had been inactive but he made a comeback fight as did Rafael so imo Izzy should always be ahead.

1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Floyd Mayweather
3. Bernard Hopkins
4. Shane Mosley
5. Miguel Cotto
6. JMM
7. Israel Vazquez
8. Paul Williams
9. Rafael Marquez
10. Arthur Abraham

Brutus 11-04-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joabbuac (Post 279993)
1. Manny Pacquiao
2. Bernard Hopkins
3. Shane Mosley
4. Juan Manual Marquez
5. Miguel Cotto
6. Nonito Donaire
7. Israel Vazquez
8. Paul Williams
9. Ivan Calderon
10. Vic Darchinyan

No Floyd Mayweather but still you guys like Vic Darchinyan whos coming off a loss on your list?

Joabbuac 11-04-2009 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brutus (Post 280126)
No Floyd Mayweather but still you guys like Vic Darchinyan whos coming off a loss on your list?

Darchinyan moved up and loss to a good fighter, was also up in weight when he beat p4p top 10 Mijares and Arce. Done more than mayweather has in the past years.

Beating a blown up superfeather weight dont cut into 2nd p4p for me

BDUB2112 11-04-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joabbuac (Post 280127)
Darchinyan moved up and loss to a good fighter, was also up in weight when he beat p4p top 10 Mijares and Arce. Done more than mayweather has in the past years.

Beating a blown up superfeather weight dont cut into 2nd p4p for me

Not having Mayweather in your P4P top 10 is utter idiocy. :facepalm:

TommyGunn 11-04-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDUB2112 (Post 280142)
Not having Mayweather in your P4P top 10 is utter idiocy. :facepalm:

You tell um Benji. :cop:




BDUB2112 11-04-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyGunn (Post 280144)
You tell um Benji. :cop:

I don't like that name Tammy. :cop:

Steve Z 11-04-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDUB2112 (Post 279985)
It's because JMM looked awful at 147 and when you see a guy like Pacquaio thrive at the weights that JMM couldn't, it's hard for me to put them next to eachother on a P4P list.

I agree with you, but that doesn't cause me to drop him below the inactive Hopkins and Mosely.

And you cant compare Pacquiao moving up in weight to fight Diaz, DLH, and Hatton. WHen Marquez has moved up in weight and fought the best at 135 and then moved up two more weight classes to fight Floyd. You're damn right Manny is thriving at higher weights, look at his opponents, you cant expect Marquez to do to Floyd what Manny did to DLH.

BDUB2112 11-04-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irish Steel (Post 280171)
I agree with you, but that doesn't cause me to drop him below the inactive Hopkins and Mosely.

And you cant compare Pacquiao moving up in weight to fight Diaz, DLH, and Hatton. WHen Marquez has moved up in weight and fought the best at 135 and then moved up two more weight classes to fight Floyd. You're damn right Manny is thriving at higher weights, look at his opponents, you cant expect Marquez to do to Floyd what Manny did to DLH.

I'm the first one to dismiss Pac's wins at 135+ but you can't deny how great Pac has looked. Marquez looked like **** at 144. Pacquaio also would have destroyed Casamayor and Juan Diaz.

Joabbuac 11-04-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDUB2112 (Post 280142)
Not having Mayweather in your P4P top 10 is utter idiocy. :facepalm:

Your view is fucked by yank bias :facepalm:

Mayweather aint done **** since 2001, and has only beaten a blown up 126 lb'er since 2007.

Since 2007 what has he done better than Darchinyan

BDUB2112 11-04-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joabbuac (Post 280184)
Your view is fucked by yank bias :facepalm:

Mayweather aint done **** since 2001, and has only beaten a blown up 126 lb'er since 2007.

Since 2007 what has he done better than Darchinyan

I think "Anti-Yank Bias" is more of a factor here. :cop:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.


Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2