Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 09 dream fights: Cotto vs Hatton, Donaire vs mijares, Pacquiao vs juan diaz, juanma vs rafael marquez, penalosa vs vasquez, berto vs judah, margarito vs williams 2, Jones vs Hopkins:cool:

·
Registered
149 Posts
My 09 dream fights: Cotto vs Hatton, Donaire vs mijares, Pacquiao vs juan diaz, juanma vs rafael marquez, penalosa vs vasquez, berto vs judah, margarito vs williams 2, Jones vs Hopkins:cool:

I know a few of these matchups: cotto v. h; pac v baby bull, juda and Bhop v. RJJ. I like the way you think.

Do you think Hatton would be able to outbox and outpunch Cotto? and do you think Judah can't pull out the big, hard wins despite his talent?

G

·
Margarito-Williams
Calderon-Gonzales
Lopez-Marquez/Vasquez
Cotto-Berto
Hopkins-Jones
Calzaghe-Dawson
Pac-Marquez
Kirkland-Angulo
Hatton-Judah

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hatton may outbox him in the first 3 rounds but he still gona be Ko'd by cotto on the later rounds. I think judah has what it takes to win big and be the best at 140lbs. He should stay at 140 coz he got a small frame n looks small at 147

G

·
nice fights! would it be nice to pit hatton vs cotto?;)
Thanks, I'm a die hard Hatton and Cotto fan but I think Cotto destroys him now.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Pavlik-Abraham unification. That's going to be an interesting one after last nights antics.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks, I'm a die hard Hatton and Cotto fan but I think Cotto destroys him now.

I agree. I think Hatton would be outmanuevered and then get hit on top of it by powerful punches. I see him losing at least a unanimous decision.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Pavlik-Abraham unification.

I think that Abraham doesn't spit out BHops name if he knows what's good for his career right now-wait a year. Not really impressed with Abraham though, I saw the fight against Miranda and he didn't punch until the 3rd round.-

G

·
That was his gameplan though. He was waiting for the right moment because he kew Miranda was going to give him an invitation sooner or later. Miranda is garnage though. I've been impressed with Abraham but I'm with you about him needing to stay away from Hopkins. Saying that, he'd do alot better than Pavik.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That was his gameplan though. He was waiting for the right moment because he kew Miranda was going to give him an invitation sooner or later. Miranda is garnage though. I've been impressed with Abraham but I'm with you about him needing to stay away from Hopkins. Saying that, he'd do alot better than Pavik.
I never thought that Abraham would've given up the first few rounds, even though I think it was a rematch. Abraham seems like a good fighter with a great punch. I did like the fact that he and his corner wanted to get more U.S. exposure. I think he could have a few good fights.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Cotto would punish Hatton, Ricky doesn't win one round in that fight. A dream fight if you want to see Hatton get smashed.

Mijares-Donaire is a toss up with the edge to Mijares.

Pacquiao-Diaz would be a war, where Manny overwhelms Juan. I'd love to see this fight

Marquez-Lopez is a huge test for both fighters, if Rafael is still all there, he wins, it would be Marquez's signature victory. This one would be a war and he is no lock. This is in my top 5

Vazquez-Penalosa is an all out inside war, where Vazquez comes out with the W. Real good fight

Berto beats Judah, Berto has the tools to get the win; a straight right, decent chin, decent stamina, and the peace of mind Judah will tire out.

Margarito-Williams II is a toss up where I see Margarito taking it by Margarito style. The biggest fight in boxing (with active fighters)

Hopkins dismantles Jones at this point. Hopkins has real good pop and would make Jones very very very uncomfortable.
Abraham would fit well at 168, dude looked huge at 166. His style and power makes him a tough out for anyone, I might give him the edge against Pavlik, but he'd be assed out if he'd be waiting for Pavlik to punch himself out. Kelly could do some real damage against that cover up D, if he can take it without getting hurt too much, he could win by knockout.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
Pavlik-Abraham
Hopkins-Jones II
Haye-Klitschko (Vitali & Wlad)
Hopkins-Dawson
Pavlik-Kessler
Pavlik-Sturm
Judah-Hatton
Margarito-Williams II
Berto-Judah
Mosley-Margarito
Cotto-Margarito
Oscar-Margarito

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Cotto stops Hatton at this point especially at 147. Donaire-Mijares is the fight I wanna see. This would be the biggest fight in the lower weight divisions right next to Pac-Marquez III. Call me crazy but I think Donaire beats Mijares. Berto-Judah would be great. Berto wins by decision after some rocky moments in the early rounds. Margarito-Williams II is a toss up for me but I'm leaning towards Williams. They both have great chins, stamina and punch output but Paul has more boxing skills. B-Hop beats Roy today.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cotto stops Hatton at this point especially at 147. Donaire-Mijares is the fight I wanna see. This would be the biggest fight in the lower weight divisions right next to Pac-Marquez III. Call me crazy but I think Donaire beats Mijares. Berto-Judah would be great. Berto wins by decision after some rocky moments in the early rounds. Margarito-Williams II is a toss up for me but I'm leaning towards Williams. They both have great chins, stamina and punch output but Paul has more boxing skills. B-Hop beats Roy today.
I also feel donaire can beat mijares!He is very big and tall as a flyweight and has a crazy left hook that goes good against southpaws. I think he'll end up as a superfeatherweight. Judah for me will win if he trains harder!i think he kinda lazy

G

·
Abraham would fit well at 168, dude looked huge at 166. His style and power makes him a tough out for anyone, I might give him the edge against Pavlik, but he'd be assed out if he'd be waiting for Pavlik to punch himself out. Kelly could do some real damage against that cover up D, if he can take it without getting hurt too much, he could win by knockout.
Yeah, he'd do some damage at that weight. I don't think he'd get knocked out by Kelly but it's just a matter of how he deals with his power and whether it affects his gameplan. He dealt with Miranda's well and fought back under bad circumstances so at least we know he's not going to back down. I think it would be a mistake for him to only focus on the knockout because it's likely to go the distance. But I feel that if anyone is getting layed out, it's Pavlik. Tough one to call.

G

·
If I had one wish for boxing in 2009, I'd wish for a series of terrific fights at 147, the end result being a recognized, undisputed Welterweight champ.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Mijares-Montiel (If Mijares, doesn't get caught by Darchinyan)
R. Marquez-J.M. Lopez (I wouldn't mind seeing Lopez against Vasquez or the winner of Caballero/Molitor, just as long as he gets a real test; God knows he's ready for it)
Valero-Linares (The U.S. needs this one)
Kirkland-Angulo (The next best thing to Margarito against his clone since it is totally outside the realm of possibility)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.