Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went to Sugar Ray Leonard's boxing gym to watch an amateur 20 match fight. My class (Hooper's Academy from Newport News, Va.), had a few guys in it, but I watched as I prepare for my first ever fight. There was some great talent there from the DC/Maryland area, just wondering if anyone on here was there to watch or participate. We also showed up early and got the chance to meet Pepe Correa (from the Contender), Sakio Bika, who is in the semifinals for the Contender, as well as David Jacobs, Sugar Ray Leonard's former trainer. Sakio was incredibly nice and stopped working out to sign a couple autographs and take some pictures.

That all being said, I might be heading back up there for a fight that is specifically for first time fighters. My current workout plan includes about 1.5 hours 3-4x a week of boxing (warmup, bag work, light sparring), with about 4-5x a week of running 4-5 miles. My diet is alright, could be cleaned up though. Any suggestions leading into the 2 weeks before hand? Thanks a lot in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.