Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
#1) They think they own Canada when infact we do.

#2) They are always ripping stuff off from us, even our language.

#3) We bail them out everytime theres a war. And they thank us by shooting at our troops.

#4) They call crisps chips.

#5) Our 3 square meals a day does not consist of a trip to Burger King, a trip to Macdonalds and a trip to KFC.

#6) We watch real Football with real Football teams.

#7) Baseball rips off Rounders, Gridiron rips off Rugby and Basketball rips off Netball. All British sports.

#8) Edit Very inappropriate

#9) They play Hockey on Ice. Thats just retarded.

#10) We have better boxers...Thats just a fact.

Everybody agree? ;)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For the most, I agree. But for some (well.. #10 only lol) I disagree.

GB > USA :D

But SRCJJ, we own more divisions than them. :D

Its just a fact. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
A very intelligent thread Tommy. Way to step up to the plate once again. I could go on and on as to why we dislike you "blokes" but I know there are very sensitive "lads" around here.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, it is. I guess it's the fact that I just prefer American boxers to British boxers. But no biggie.. it's common knowledge that we're superior to USA. :D
Yup....That cant be argued bud. LOL!

G

·
That's a surprise, Matty taking the bait :laugh::laugh:

Anyway, I'm from UK but GB consists of just England, Scotland and Wales so I'll just sit back and watch the bickering. :D

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A very intelligent thread Tommy. Way to step up to the plate once again. I could go on and on as to why we dislike you "blokes" but I know there are very sensitive "lads" around here.
Thanks Matty, it was nothing though. Just stating the obvious. LOL!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a surprise, Matty taking the bait :laugh::laugh:

Anyway, I'm from UK but GB consists of just England, Scotland and Wales so I'll just sit back and watch the bickering. :D
He done it the Olympic section earlier too. :D

UK, Ulster, thats better, i mean UK. LOL!

·
Registered
87 Posts
never been

Never been to jolly ole England. Aren't the women faster there? That would be an advantage. I think our beer rivals that of England's now. I'd like to visit someday. I think I'd prefer our more varried landscape and beaches, though.

I understand that London has surrendered to a mass influx of 7th century immigrants. That can be a downer.

You guys had Monty Python and Benny Hill so as far as I'm concerned, you win.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
#1) They think they own Canada when infact we do.

#2) They are always ripping stuff off from us, even our language.

#3) We bail them out everytime theres a war. And they thank us by shooting at our troops.

#4) They call crisps chips.

#5) Our 3 square meals a day does not consist of a trip to Burger King, a trip to Macdonalds and a trip to KFC.

#6) We watch real Football with real Football teams.

#7) Baseball rips off Rounders, Gridiron rips off Rugby and Basketball rips off Netball. All British sports.

#8) Our goverment doesn't fly planes into office buildings. :D

#9) They play Hockey on Ice. Thats just retarded.

#10) We have better boxers...Thats just a fact.

Everybody agree?
Agree with all apart from 8, 9 and 10. You must have been running out of ideas by then :laugh:

8. Kind of a sad/stupid thing to put.
9. I don't mind Ice Hockey that much. It's NFL that annoys me.
10. :laugh:

Bit of a pointless thread, but Tommy is a WUM so it's kinda expected :laugh:

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Never been to jolly ole England. Aren't the women faster there? That would be an advantage. I think our beer rivals that of England's now. I'd like to visit someday. I think I'd prefer our more varried landscape and beaches, though.

I understand that London has surrendered to a mass influx of 7th century immigrants. That can be a downer.

You guys had Monty Python and Benny Hill so as far as I'm concerned, you win.
England's a laugh mate. Scotland's a bit too cold though. And Wales is just farmers fields. No way your beer rivals England's, our is still way better. We surrendered to the mass influx of immigrants too soon. Sadly a lot seem to just want the benefits and to blow up our public transport though :(:mad:

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Ive been to England and I must admit I did have a blast there but London at least is offensively expensive. You forget how much money your spending when your over there using their toy money. I had the most fun in Oxford. The dives in that town were a lot of fun.

I couldn't tell you enough good things about Dublin. I wanna live there.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Ive been to England and I must admit I did have a blast there but London at least is offensively expensive. You forget how much money your spending when your over there using their toy money. I had the most fun in Oxford. The dives in that town were a lot of fun.

I couldn't tell you enough good things about Dublin. I wanna live there.
That's true I'll grant you that, however it's not like that everywhere. And Dublin is a laugh, but all the people are crazy. Too crazy.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Agree with all apart from 8, 9 and 10. You must have been running out of ideas by then :laugh:

8. Kind of a sad/stupid thing to put.
9. I don't mind Ice Hockey that much. It's NFL that annoys me.
10. :laugh:

Bit of a pointless thread, but Tommy is a WUM so it's kinda expected :laugh:
Do you want to be a yank or something Callam? :laugh:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sadly a lot seem to just want the benefits and to blow up our public transport though :(:mad:
:rolleyes: We'll be there someday too, I'm sure.

When I'm talking American beer I'm talking the small breweries. I love some of your stuff like Newcastle, Courage, Bass Ale (damn, now I crave it), Guiness. Over here, when I do drink beer, it's stuff like Red Tail Ale, Downtown Brown, Lost Coast Eight-Ball Stout (the best stout I've ever had). These are all California products and I imagine you guys don't get them over there. Trust me, you'd really love it. Your mainstream American brews - Bud, Miller, Coors...terrible rotgut - national emberrassment, really.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:rolleyes: We'll be there someday too, I'm sure.

When I'm talking American beer I'm talking the small breweries. I love some of your stuff like Newcastle, Courage, Bass Ale (damn, now I crave it), Guiness. Over here, when I do drink beer, it's stuff like Red Tail Ale, Downtown Brown, Lost Coast Eight-Ball Stout (the best stout I've ever had). These are all California products and I imagine you guys don't get them over there. Trust me, you'd really love it. Your mainstream American brews - Bud, Miller, Coors...terrible rotgut - national emberrassment, really.
Callams only 14, he doesn't even drink beer. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 122 Posts