Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Foreman vs. Tyson

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
I feel Tyson could get a decision over Foreman in 1991 granted he doesn't get tagged hard early. But prime vs prime Foreman steam rolls over Tyson in the same manner he did Frazier, just Tyson doesn't get up 6 times, he gets up maybe twice.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel Tyson could get a decision over Foreman in 1991 granted he doesn't get tagged hard early. But prime vs prime Foreman steam rolls over Tyson in the same manner he did Frazier, just Tyson doesn't get up 6 times, he gets up maybe twice.
Tyson would get tagged hard, I just don't see him not getting hit. He did nothing but try to knock his opponents out. He did not move his back as much and he rarely jabbed. No doubt does Foreman win by KO

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Big man that stood up to Tyson were the ones that found more sucess against him.

Foreman wouldnt back up, and Tyson wasnt really a guy that would try to box in a fight. Foreman by late stoppage likely.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big man that stood up to Tyson were the ones that found more sucess against him.

Foreman wouldnt back up, and Tyson wasnt really a guy that would try to box in a fight. Foreman by late stoppage likely.
plus Tyson did not have the mental stability to do well over a 15 round fight, alot of his trainers said that Tyson got really impatient after round 6.

·
Premium Member
5,471 Posts
I think Prime Tyson would stop a 1991 Foreman, he would land alot of clean punches forcing the ref to step in

Prime-Prime

I think Tyson would still beat Foreman, when he was younger he was dumb, and Tyson was much faster and his head movement in his prime was some of the best

Tyson KO - Also Tyson 80s had better stamina than prime Foreman

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Prime Tyson would stop a 1991 Foreman, but I am talking if they were both in 1991 form.

Tyson would never beat Foreman Prime vs. Prime, because if you think about it, the way that Tyson fought was very similar to the way that Joe Frazier fought, and we all know how those fights ended. Tyson did have better stamina than prime Foreman, but not a good enough chin to use it.

Tyson in his prime was actually smart and honorable. After losing Cus D'mato, he went downhill. He did not even talk trash. He spoke with confidence very politely. He would say "I think I can beat almost anybody. If it's on the streets, I might think again, but in the ring, I am confident that I will win." compare that to the Tyson of the 90s, where he would say retarded things like "ill **** you till you love me ******" which really counteracts itself and outdoes stupidity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts