Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have just turned 21 and i want to get into boxing its something i have always looked at wanting to do but im thinking if i dont do it soon i wont ever do it.

Im 65kgs not sure what the equvilant is but just want to get down a training scheme of what i could do to get into shape before i make the jump and go down to the local gym and have a hit.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
im in the same boat, tho im 26.. and weight around 70kg.. i used to be a labourer, but last 1 & 1/2 been sitting on my ass working with computers.. anyway .. any advice or some form of warm up idea's before i get to a gym would be very helpfull.

i dont want to turn up to a gym all out of shape

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm a fan of press ups, chinups, and dips etc if you haven't got a full gym

Many seem to like running too, but i'd recommend cycling - much easier on joints :D

Work on those and maybe get a heavy bag and throw in some rounds on that?

Got any home equipment already like free weights and a bench etc?

·
Registered
9 Posts
to get into shape with minimum equipment and time I would recomend looking at rosstraining.com / rossboxing.com there are some great videos of how to get in great shape with minumial gear. Yes I'm a big fan of the guy and have all his books and dvds. This guys routine can get you in great shape ready for serious gym work in a matter of days depending how serious you are about training.

Eat clean, Train hard, Fight Harder !

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
to get into shape with minimum equipment and time I would recomend looking at rosstraining.com / rossboxing.com there are some great videos of how to get in great shape with minumial gear. Yes I'm a big fan of the guy and have all his books and dvds. This guys routine can get you in great shape ready for serious gym work in a matter of days depending how serious you are about training.

Eat clean, Train hard, Fight Harder !
I agree. Rosstraining.com has alot of free info too.

To start out, I would try to get some road work, and calesthenics done at least 4 days a week for a solid month or two and you will at least be in much better shape.

-Jump rope for about 10 minutes to get your blood flowing and your muscles loose.
-Stretch for about 5 minutes
-Jog 2 miles (try to work yourself up to around 3-4)
-After your jog, stretch 5 minutes
-Perform (5) 100 yard dash wind sprints. (start at 5, and work yourself up to 8-10) Run as fast and hard as you can
-Finish out the workout with 10 minutes(work up to 15 minutes) of calesthenic circuit training as follows: (perform these *without* more than a 5 sec break in between. The focus is on keeping your heart rate up)

-Jumping Jacks for one minute
-25 push ups
-situps/crunches for one minute
REPEAT **until you reach 10 minutes (or more)

(when you do your push ups, focus on doing them QUICKLY with explosion. Dont perform them slowly all the way to the ground)

This will get you in pretty good shape if you do this consistently 4+ times a week for 2 months. Of course, you should also cut out the soda, sweet juices and sugary items. Try to eat a healthy balanced diet, and DRINK ALOT OF WATER!

If you do these things, after 2 months you'll definitely be ready to start your workout at the gym :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok i have just turned 21 and i want to get into boxing its something i have always looked at wanting to do but im thinking if i dont do it soon i wont ever do it.

Im 65kgs not sure what the equvilant is but just want to get down a training scheme of what i could do to get into shape before i make the jump and go down to the local gym and have a hit.

Thanks
The best thing to do bro is roadwork and lots of it, trust me, I use to box at 65kgs for a few years
and there's nothing better to start conditioning yourself except running.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts