Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are 4 fights next weekend on both hbo and showtime. Therse 5 including the fight on friday night starring gamboa on showbox. Who do you guys have? I believe its obvious who's fighting.

I got

Cintron
Cotto
Dawson
Woods

I think this is going to be a great night of boxing with all the fights being better than people expect.

Oh, and which will you be watching LIVE......HBO or SHOWTIME?

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Well..

I will be rooting for Cintron but I actually dont have a pick for this one..

Cotton wins

I'm picking Woods afterall

And Dawson

And well.. HBO here, unfortunately Showtime isnt an availiable channel here so the only place I can watch is in my pc.. But for big fights i like a big screen. HBO

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I'll be rooting for Dawson, really.. For the sake of the 175 division he needs to win, its just the division has the highest average age among the top fighters, by far...

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have to pay for showtime and get hbo free. Well I have to pay for both on my cable bill and its about 40 dollars together a month. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
oops I looked it up on my tv and it said it was on ppv for $24.95. I guess that's for people who don't have showtime. It's on reg showtime right?

oh, and I got

Margy
Cotto
Woods
Dawson

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Margarito
Cotto
Dawson
Tarver

I'm watching them all. HBO fights first on HBO East. Followed by the ShowTime fights on ShowTime West. One after the other. No need to bring in another TV from another room.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Margarito
Cotto
Dawson
Tarver

I'm watching them all. HBO fights first on HBO East. Followed by the ShowTime fights on ShowTime West. One after the other. No need to bring in another TV from another room.
I knew you figure something out. Don't worry I'm bring the D. And I got the same as you in the fights.

Margarito
Cotto
Dawson
Tarver

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Im looking forward to next weekend we in the UK also have the choice, Sentanta Sports got Woods v Tarver and Dawson v Johnson and Sky Sports got Cotto v Gomez and Cintron v Margarito. Myself im going for the Sky Sports fights and will catch Sentanta the next day.

My Picks:
Cotto
Margarito
Dawson
Woods

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I will be watching Hbo since i cant get sho over here ive got

Margarito
Cotto
Dawson
Tarver

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The showtime fights start an hour before the hbo fights so we'll all get to see dawson fight first I believe. By the time that fight is over, we'll get to see margy/cintron II and cotto gomez. This is if you have both. So the only fight we'll miss is the least exciting, tarver vs woods. Which we can all watch later.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Cotto TKO
Margarito TKO
Dawson UD
Tarver UD
I got Margarito in another vicious ko
Cotto TKO 8 after a harder fight than most expected
Dawson UD
Woods UD in a boring fight

I'll be watching HBO rooting on margarito and my underdog Fonzie Gomez

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The first ko of cintron was vicious at all. Cintron corner stopped it. He was knocked out. He actually won the first 2 rounds on my card and it was a dead even fight going into the fifth ( despite the kd in the fourth I believe ) Cintron was just green. My head says margy does the same again but my heart is going to overrule on this one and Im going with cintron in his best performance to date.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Cotto TKO
Margarito TKO
Dawson UD

Woods/Tarver is a close one for me, it really depends which Tarver shows up. But based on recent performances from Tarver, im going with Woods UD.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts