Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Baddest Man On The Planet
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Marine_Boxer said:
How come you guys don't like 50 cent? He got some clean songs especially if you got some king kongs in ya trunk ha haaaa. But anyway I don't think it's a good idea to come with a rapper because remember what happen when Cory Spinks came out with Nelly? He got rocked by Zab Judah (pretty embarrasing if you ask me)Mayweather should just keep chill with Stevie Wonder or something.
because he's wack, he aint no 'gangsta', he said he gangsta because he got shot 9 times. he's a pussy.

and his lyrics are horrible.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Marine_Boxer said:
Come on TommyGun you in denial dogg, see you probally don't like Floyd because he is a cocky mofo but hell if I hands like he do I would be cocky as well.
he's boring to watch and has yet to show me the heart of a champion.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
:)
50 Cent is pure trash on the mic.

Floyd is pure greatness in the ring. That is where you are wrong. :)
And he is also claiming he is the greatest fighter of all time so no I am not wrong!

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
KNUCKLE UP said:
And he is also claiming he is the greatest fighter of all time so no I am not wrong!
i seen that interview a few months back too knuckle, he claimed he was better thn robinson and ali. LMAO at that one!!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I was laughing at that one as well. He could very well be up there but I have a feeling we wont get to see it happen.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Jack do you listen to music and assume the rapper is what he rap about or do you listen to music because his lyrics are clean? Because all rappers do not live that life style or may have experinced some of what they said just a lil more glorified. 50 cent got some tight lyrics.

"he's boring to watch and has yet to show me the heart of a champion." Ok TommyGun define the heart of a champion?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Marine_Boxer said:
Jack do you listen to music and assume the rapper is what he rap about or do you listen to music because his lyrics are clean? Because all rappers do not live that life style or may have experinced some of what they said just a lil more glorified. 50 cent got some tight lyrics.

"he's boring to watch and has yet to show me the heart of a champion." Ok TommyGun define the heart of a champion?
a true champion doesn't run for 12 rounds againmst castillo in the second fight and run for 12 against baldomir. a true champion would have fought margarito for an $8m purse if it was there highest to date instead of fighting zab who had just lost, a true champion would not have hid from kostya at 140 fighting brussles and gatti instead.

good enough for you mate. ;)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Marine_Boxer said:
Ok so what about De La Hoya do you think he has a heart of a champion?
oscars always fought the best and ducked nobody, theres very few fighters alive with more heart.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok but you say that Floyd runs right? But hell what did De La Hoya do when he fought Tito that mofo was running the whole damm fight and still lost and so far a Floyd running since when is showing ring general ship sticking and moving around the ring running hell I Box in the Marine Corps I do not want to get hit not saying that I can't take a punch but why not move around tire your opponet out and then let him feel the raft that I possess. And so far as him running from fighters hell you telling me you do not pick your bouts?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Oscar always fights top notch competition, he just has a problem with guys with speed. Remember the Mosley fights? I dont believe Floyds gonna run anyway.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
smallpig758 said:
Oscar always fights top notch competition, he just has a problem with guys with speed. Remember the Mosley fights? I dont believe Floyds gonna run anyway.
he'll man-up at some point then its lights out. he took to much flack after his last fight not to stand in the pocket for at least a round.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I dont see him trying to out slug a slugger. At least not one that could out slug him, but i guess we will see that next sat nite. That would be the wrong strategy.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
smallpig758 said:
I dont see him trying to out slug a slugger. At least not one that could out slug him, but i guess we will see that next sat nite. That would be the wrong strategy.
does floyd deserve respect though if he wins another borefest like he did baldi? i dont think he does,

this fight for floyd IMO is to take oscars crown as the biggest draw and the biggest PPV star in boxing, a baldi type win would make him neither and he's back to where he was before the fight.

floyd could make himself a real star in this fight even if he gets ko'd, he just has to make it the great fight everyone wants to see.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I dont think Floyd will ever be the draw that Oscar is. That doesnt make him any less of a fighter though. DLH has always had drawing power. Floyd struggled to draw early on. This win would put him on a top level, but not quite the same pull Oscar has.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
smallpig758 said:
I dont think Floyd will ever be the draw that Oscar is. That doesnt make him any less of a fighter though. DLH has always had drawing power. Floyd struggled to draw early on. This win would put him on a top level, but not quite the same pull Oscar has.
by taking his crown i mean retiring him then floyd would be the biggest draw.

·
Registered
138 Posts
tommygunn said:
by taking his crown i mean retiring him then floyd would be the biggest draw.
Im not sold Floyd would even be the biggest draw. To a true boxing fan maybe, but not everyone that goes to the fights are true fans.:dunno:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
If Floyd beats Oscar he deserves everyone's respect regardless. Remember Oscar is trying to beat Floyd also, and if he can't then there ya go. He wasn't able to beat FLOYD. A win is a win. I don't see Floyd standing toe to toe with the bigger, stronger puncher for very long at all. If he does there will be fireworks!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I THINK MAYWEATHER fights better in the pocket than delahoya and i think if they were to fight in close like that, mayweather would get more leverage on his punches and even though he is as hard of puncher as oscar, the more leverage you get and if he can catch oscar after he misses a left hook, i can see him stopping him in his tracks. Not saying floyd will ktfo oscar, just saying, floyd is very slick and picks his spots very well. I think both will be able to hurt each other if they land. And i think floyd will land more because i think come fight time oscar will be so physically drained from all the hard training and floyd in his interview with hbo last night on the frietas/diaz card, he looked swole. Ive never seen a 150 pounder with veins in his chest.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts