Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download The_Game_Ft_Ice_Cube-State_of_Emergency_5STARHIPHOP.COM.mp3

What do you guys think? Will this album live up to the hype? **** is hot as **** if you ask me. I can't wait for the album. My favorite rapper. 2nd album wasn't as good as i thought it was gonna be but i think this album he took a lot of time on.

Can a mod edit this title? i'm adding another song featuring Nas on it and its 2 songs now

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download the_game-letter_to_the_king_feat_nas-clean_5STARHIPHOP.COM.mp3

·
Registered
472 Posts
The track with nas is better music then the track with cube. Games slightly above average, but with how bad rap is right now it makes him look better then he really is. I wont buy LAX, unless some singles really impress me

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
His first single wasn't that great but he is one of the top 10 rappers out. Ever since 2004 when he came out so you can't really say he's slightly above average. Rap has just been killed and he's a veteran so its his job to come in and clean up this soulja boy nonsense. He brings west coast music back to the 90's with that cube song. He doesn't rap about cranking that superman and cranking that spiderman. Nor does he rap about marco pollo like Soulja boy did with bow wow. Thats the murder of rap right there. I say his album will be a great one.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I have 6 of the songs off of LAX. I'll post them soon. Game is one of my favorites as well. Did you know he joined Westside Connection and replaced Mack 10? WC is going to be sick as hell now.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had no clue but i don't listen to WSC. I try not to listen to the songs from L.A.X. so i'm excited when i buy the album but i think its gonna be an amazing album not like the 2nd one.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I had no clue but i don't listen to WSC. I try not to listen to the songs from L.A.X. so i'm excited when i buy the album but i think its gonna be an amazing album not like the 2nd one.
Man I really liked the second album to be honest. I can jam just about every song.

·
Registered
472 Posts
his first album was decent, i felt a few tracks on that one, but his 2nd was kinda wack... i like game, he just needs to change some of his subject matter, ever song he mentions NWA, 2pac, and 64 implala...lol..

Hes not a veteran in the rap game either, 4 years isnt much time in the spotlight...jay-z nas are 15 year into it. Cube and dre go back to mid 80s, those guys are veterans, not someone that got his deal through 50 cent

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
his first album was decent, i felt a few tracks on that one, but his 2nd was kinda wack... i like game, he just needs to change some of his subject matter, ever song he mentions NWA, 2pac, and 64 implala...lol..

Hes not a veteran in the rap game either, 4 years isnt much time in the spotlight...jay-z nas are 15 year into it. Cube and dre go back to mid 80s, those guys are veterans, not someone that got his deal through 50 cent
And Dre, hydraulics, references to Jay-Z, 50 Cent and/or G-Unit, Young Buck and name dropping an industry name. 9 things you can expect to hear in 95% of Game's songs, when you use the same words in alot of different songs it gets extremely repetitive, his emotional raspy flow and beats are what save him. It's good that he's thinking about retiring early, that the West coast is behind him and they like that type of ish because it is not poppin (for long).

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Me either it doesn't interfere with his rapping so i don't mind. He drops the name in every once in a while. I really can care less (reply to tyson's post i didn't write this on time) I dont understand how you guys dont like game.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
And Dre, hydraulics, references to Jay-Z, 50 Cent and/or G-Unit, Young Buck and name dropping an industry name. 9 things you can expect to hear in 95% of Game's songs, when you use the same words in alot of different songs it gets extremely repetitive, his emotional raspy flow and beats are what save him. It's good that he's thinking about retiring early, that the West coast is behind him and they like that type of ish because it is not poppin (for long).
Shitt he's from the west, so what do you expect homie? As far as I'm concerned Game is one of the top 10 best "rappers" these days. I really think L.A.X. will be better than the Documentary, which will be tough.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah it will be tough and i hope he comes through cause game was the person that got me into rap. I played out the documentary every day all for like 2 years long

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Yeah it will be tough and i hope he comes through cause game was the person that got me into rap. I played out the documentary every day all for like 2 years long
And I thought I was the only one. I've always had a soft spot for true west coast rap though.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Same. Eazy E, Ice Cube, all the old **** was great. And i thought i was the only one who was that fiend about the album but that album was just way too good. My girl kept calling me gay cause i loved the album and i'd look up a lot of songs by the game :laugh:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Same. Eazy E, Ice Cube, all the old **** was great. And i thought i was the only one who was that fiend about the album but that album was just way too good. My girl kept calling me gay cause i loved the album and i'd look up a lot of songs by the game :laugh:
Man I'm with you on this one.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Game's albums coming out in 6 more days most likely i'm gonna pick it up on that same day so if you don't get it on that day i'll give you a headsup on how it was. So far a friend from this site that loves kanye west a little too much told me this album was a 4/5. He gave all of kanye's albums 5/5 :dunno: BUT i think it may be a 5/5 after all Game's too nice and the kid gave all kanye's albums 5's lol. By the way i'm listening to Cube's new album that came out yesterday and i gotta admit this **** is good. So i recommend it if you like Ice Cube.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Game's albums coming out in 6 more days most likely i'm gonna pick it up on that same day so if you don't get it on that day i'll give you a headsup on how it was. So far a friend from this site that loves kanye west a little too much told me this album was a 4/5. He gave all of kanye's albums 5/5 :dunno: BUT i think it may be a 5/5 after all Game's too nice and the kid gave all kanye's albums 5's lol. By the way i'm listening to Cube's new album that came out yesterday and i gotta admit this **** is good. So i recommend it if you like Ice Cube.
I got that Cube album. It is good. Kanye is aiight to me.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
He's not a 5/5 rapper. For me Kanye's a 2.5/5 Rapper at best. His beats are hot i give him a 4.5/5 for his beats but rapping aint his thing. The kid gave him a 5/5 on EVERY song and EVERY album Kanye ever made. :thumbsdown: But i gotta admit that cube album was pretty hot. 26th here comes L.A.X. it's been leaked but i'm staying loyal and waiting for it to be out in stores.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.