Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to the forum. I have been a boxing fan all my life but never seriously thought about myself boxing. But after some long thoughts i decided to go ahead and start training. I'm a little more out of shape then a liked to be just coming off knee surgery, and want to get my Cardio workouts in so i can lower my weight. I need to loose about 30 pounds. Just wondering if you guys had any good workout and nutrition tips. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
If you just had a knee operation I would ask your doctor what your able to do. But I would start off with walking a few miles a day because of your knee. And if that goes well, try jogging, then maybe incorperating sit ups. Just add a little as you get in better shape. I don't know much about diet and all though.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
PrettyBoiFloyd said:
Hello, new to the forum. I have been a boxing fan all my life but never seriously thought about myself boxing. But after some long thoughts i decided to go ahead and start training. I'm a little more out of shape then a liked to be just coming off knee surgery, and want to get my Cardio workouts in so i can lower my weight. I need to loose about 30 pounds. Just wondering if you guys had any good workout and nutrition tips. Thanks.
What sort of knee operation was it? If its cruciate knee ligament damage id be VERY careful and start of very light. Id personally try swimming if you have access to a pool, not too stress on the knee and its great for cardio endurance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts