Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only boxing fan that genuinely likes Sultan Ibragimov? I do. He throws a lot of punches. He trades. He has a good chin. He's fast. I like him. Personally i think more heavy weights need to be more like him. There are too many Valuev's and Shannon Briggs that just shoot one punch at a time, getting tired after 3 rounds. While Sultan Ibragimov is fun to watch. Im not saying he's the best (though i feel he is very underrated)

for what its worth i see him completely out working and KO'ing Holyfield. but i dont want this thread to be about that. I want to hear what you guys think about him, and the HW devision. lets get a nice debate/discussion going. not an argument about who is better.

-melty

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
well he didn't ko holyfield but he won a UD by scores of 118-110,117-11, and 117-111. I read he was counter punching very well thoughout the fight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Meltdown50 said:
Am I the only boxing fan that genuinely likes Sultan Ibragimov? I do. He throws a lot of punches. He trades. He has a good chin. He's fast. I like him. Personally i think more heavy weights need to be more like him. There are too many Valuev's and Shannon Briggs that just shoot one punch at a time, getting tired after 3 rounds. While Sultan Ibragimov is fun to watch. Im not saying he's the best (though i feel he is very underrated)

for what its worth i see him completely out working and KO'ing Holyfield. but i dont want this thread to be about that. I want to hear what you guys think about him, and the HW devision. lets get a nice debate/discussion going. not an argument about who is better.

-melty
ive followed sultan for years now melty, and he's a class operator in there.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Ill have to admit he's a good solid heavyweight, possibly the next best next to klitscko but There is nothing great about either one. I really dont follow that division anymore, Ill pay attention when i see someone i like.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Wlad>Chagaev>Peters>Sultan

But who do you guys think is the best contender for the title out there or the most dangerous? Valuev cause of his height? Ruiz cause hes so annoying? Byrd? who will be the next hw champ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts