Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Con and his team are so serious about stepping up the comp level they actually made an offer to former title holder Derrick Gainer. :laugh::laugh: Yes Derrick Gainer. The former Featherweight who's been shot since 2003. And was never even that good. The same Gainer who's last 2 wins were Split Decsisions over 2 bums. The same Gainer that decided to run track instead of box Juan Manuel Marquez. Yes that Derrick Gainer. :laugh::laugh: Con and his team want to fight him. At Lightweight. Two weight divisions above Gainers best. LOL. What a joke. And here I thought they scarapped the bottom of the barrel when they fought Gomez. Guess not. Good thing Gainer is smart enough not to take the fight. But that just means we'll most likely see Con-Tom Johnson. Or Con-Troy Dorsey. Hell Kevin Kelly just won recently. I'm pretty sure Con and his team already have him on speed dial.

Sky Sports | Boxing | News | Gainer turns down Khan

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Yeah they have also been calling Manuel Medina but hes on vacation right now and cant answer the phone :(

·
Banned
8 Posts
Amir has what it takes to be a world champion in the future.. but i dont think his team/corner are at that class yet to be honest.

while we are talking about british boxers i cant wait to see how Frankie Gavin is going to do in the olympics.
he had a legit win over the best amature boxer russian superstar Alexei Tichtchenko 19-10.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
Con and his team are so serious about stepping up the comp level they actually made an offer to former title holder Derrick Gainer. :laugh::laugh: Yes Derrick Gainer. The former Featherweight who's been shot since 2003. And was never even that good. The same Gainer who's last 2 wins were Split Decsisions over 2 bums. The same Gainer that decided to run track instead of box Juan Manuel Marquez. Yes that Derrick Gainer. :laugh::laugh: Con and his team want to fight him. At Lightweight. Two weight divisions above Gainers best. What a joke. And here I thought they scarapped the bottom of the barrel when they fought Gomez. Guess not. Good thing Gainer is smart enough not to take the fight. But that just means we'll most likely see Con-Tom Johnson. Or Con-Troy Dorsey. Hell Kevin Kelly just won recently. I'm pretty sure Con and his team already have him on speed dial.

Sky Sports | Boxing | News | Gainer turns down Khan

Dontcha dare knock Troy The Destroyer Dorsey he's another buddy of mine from Texas

·
8,579 Posts
or what? :laugh:
I'll tell Troy lol Troys fav trick when using the mitts was to suddenly put his foot on your shoulder he was that quick nothin you could do about it lol

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Khan pretty much showed how serious he was about stepping up the comp when he re-signed with Warren. He'll be fighting former contenders/champions who are now shot or complete nobodies for the next few years. Warren took Hatton down the same route.

·
8,579 Posts
Now here's a reason to knock him :laugh:
I'm proud to say I have many many friends in and around the boxing industry. Some of the greatest people you could wish to meet

·
Registered
661 Posts
Khan pretty much showed how serious he was about stepping up the comp when he re-signed with Warren. He'll be fighting former contenders/champions who are now shot or complete nobodies for the next few years. Warren took Hatton down the same route.

Exactly this is hardly a shocking revelation. Frank Warren is Frank Warren is Frank Warren.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
And Calzaghe. And pretty much every other half decent fighter he's had :thumbsdown:

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
khan is young but he needs to settle down and find a full time trainer now.

and then from there he needs to fight some ex good light weights not some ex sfw/fw's. the only excuse of fighting these ex featherweights is if prince anz comes out of retirement and calls him out.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dontcha dare knock Troy The Destroyer Dorsey he's another buddy of mine from Texas
Troy "Gets Destroyed" Dorsey is a more fitting nick name. Dorsey should of stuck with kick boxing. Cuz he wasn't any good at normal boxing. Every name fighter he fought whipped his ass. How those blind judges scored his fight with Tom Johnson a draw is beyond me. I had Johnson winning by 4 rounds. It was clearly a home town decision.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
On the real Khan made a good move he will get experience while raping the budget. He definitely isnt ready for top of the division or even the lower top 10. So props to him he'll be getting mils (or close) to fight Freddie Norwood, Scott Harrison, and co.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
100% Correct!!!

Warren can run domestic fights at Sports Centre's and Town Halls but when its putting his best v the best on the biggest stage he wont do it.

I laugh at his weekly column in I think its the Sun newspaper, he talks down on fighters saying who have they fought and talking down on promoters and he's the one who has run shamefull fights like:

Ricky Hatton v Michael "No Joke" Stewart
Joe Calzaghe v Evans Ashira
Enzo Maccarinelli v Bobby Gunn

1 - 20 of 94 Posts