Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Lmao, Ricky is dead. Seen that video before. I don't even need to post Floyd's videos because everyone actually watches him fight.
his PPV numbers disagree with you there shane, infact nobody watches him fight, he's just sooo boring.

floyd needs a delahoya or hatton to sell his fights, pure and simple.

his fight with zab didn't even do 400,000 buys. pityfull!!!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
You mean pitiful. He wasn't in the spotlight back then. Outside of Britain nobody even mentions Hatton, ever. So you have it backwards. Hatton needs Floyd. He's getting a massive paycheck because of Floyd. He will get more exposure than ever because of Floyd. If you think Hatton is the reason people are watching you're nuts. Mayweather owns Ricky Hatton.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
You're comparing apples to oranges. At this point in their careers, everyone knows both of them, and they both command top dollar.

Floyd is gonna tax that ass though, sorry to say.

Anyone wanna put up point against me on that ?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Captainobvious said:
You're comparing apples to oranges. At this point in their careers, everyone knows both of them, and they both command top dollar.

Floyd is gonna tax that ass though, sorry to say.

Anyone wanna put up point against me on that ?
name your wager captain. :p

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
You mean pitiful. He wasn't in the spotlight back then. Outside of Britain nobody even mentions Hatton, ever. So you have it backwards. Hatton needs Floyd. He's getting a massive paycheck because of Floyd. He will get more exposure than ever because of Floyd. If you think Hatton is the reason people are watching you're nuts. Mayweather owns Ricky Hatton.
if nobody knew or bothered about hatton why did showtime and HBO have a frenzied bidding war for his rights?

shane, floyds your boy and thats cool but dont let your loyalty to him make you beleive he's any kind of draw compared to hatton or delahoya.

floyd and zab done a whooping 400,000 buys. :rolleyes:

hattons doing that alone in the UK, add the numbers from the american public and you've got a mega cash cow!!

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
TommyGunn said:
if nobody knew or bothered about hatton why did showtime and HBO have a frenzied bidding war for his rights?

shane, floyds your boy and thats cool but dont let your loyalty to him make you beleive he's any kind of draw compared to hatton or delahoya.

hattons doing that alone in the UK, add the numbers from the american public and you've got a mega cash cow!!

How dare you say something like that, remember play nice with special kids!!!!.

I can only wish Hatton does that to Floyd.

I’ll offer a bet All of my points But Only on a KO Finish
NOT UD
NOT SD
NOT TECH D
NOT TKO
FIGHTS OVER HATTON DID.
Any takers

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
TommyGunn said:

Hey why don't you throw out 400,000 buys again. Maybe if you type it again I'll get it. If Floyd was our only great boxer in the United States he would trump the hell out of anything Hatton supposedly does. Yall only have hatton so of course he's going to generate numbers. We have about 15 ricky hatton's over here. So until you have the same amount of popular guys over there don't even start to compare with Floyd. It's illogical. And captain's right, Floyd will tax that ass.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Hey why don't you throw out 400,000 buys again. Maybe if you type it again I'll get it. If Floyd was our only great boxer in the United States he would trump the hell out of anything Hatton supposedly does. Yall only have hatton so of course he's going to generate numbers. We have about 15 ricky hatton's over here. So until you have the same amount of popular guys over there don't even start to compare with Floyd. It's illogical. And captain's right, Floyd will tax that ass.
worth repeating because the way it was side stepped.

anyway, you say floyd wasn't as popular back then, HE WAS RATED THE #1 P4P FIGHTER IN THE WORLD.

15 here 15 there blah blah blah.

hattons even more popular in the US than floyd is, like ricky said there was more action in the 4 rounds of his fight with castillo than lil bitch oops, i mean floyd has had in his career.

and that wasn't even one of hattons best fights.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
hatton more popular in the us? haha, in this last week i have heard mayweathers name brough up in a usa basketball game, on the front page of yahoo, and talked about on jay leno, plus he's talked about all over every boxing forum in the us. Ive never heard hattons name even stated on american tv or anything like that, most guys dont even know who he is. So more popular in us, i dont think so, in england, sure, i sure as hell hope so. But when it comes to taxing azz, floyd is the accountant.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TysonJones said:
hatton more popular in the us? haha, in this last week i have heard mayweathers name brough up in a usa basketball game, on the front page of yahoo, and talked about on jay leno, plus he's talked about all over every boxing forum in the us. Ive never heard hattons name even stated on american tv or anything like that, most guys dont even know who he is. So more popular in us, i dont think so, in england, sure, i sure as hell hope so. But when it comes to taxing azz, floyd is the accountant.
thats all because of his dancing not his boxing.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TysonJones said:
yeah but if hatton was on this dancing show over here, no one would even know who he was in the general public, general people now know who floyd mayweather is.
not what ive heard from guys around the boards.

joe public has no idea who floyd is, tyson, delahoya, jones are household names though.

the proofs in the pudding, floyd cant sell a PPV and thats just fact.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
really? really? reeeally? we'll see about that. im pretty sure his fight with baldomir ( a nobody in the fight game, and a boring fighter at that ) did more than marquez/barrera, morales,pacquiao III, hopkins/wright, and cotto/judah. seems to me he doesnt do to damn bad.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts