Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound stupid but I honestly dont know the answer,

Suppose one fighter dominates one round completely, and at the end of the round the other fighter gets a lucky punch and knocks the other guy.

Is it possible for a judge to say, hey this guy totally dominated the other fighter except for the lucky punch, i will score it a draw, or for the simple fact that the knockout happened it has to be scored 10-8??

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts

Suppose one fighter dominates one round completely, and at the end of the round the other fighter gets a lucky punch and knocks the other guy.

Is it possible for a judge to say, hey this guy totally dominated the other fighter except for the lucky punch, i will score it a draw, or for the simple fact that the knockout happened it has to be scored 10-8??
Not a stupid question at all buko. Realistically, if this were to happen at the end of the round, most judges would go 10-8 just because its fresh in their mind. However if you flip it, and someone is knocked down at the very begining of the round, then the other fighter comes back to dominate, it is much more likely for the judges to score it an even round. So yes, its definently possible and has happened on many occasions. To make things a littler clearer, A knockdown doesnt necessarily make a round 10-8. Judges are supposed to consider all possible things in that round, however most don't. Hope that answers your questions. :thumbsup:

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts

Under that parameter the round should be scored 9-9, unless it's on a 10 point must system, then it's 10-9 going to the guy who scored the KD. I think that's right anyways.

I don't really care for 10 point must systems.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Under that parameter the round should be scored 9-9, unless it's on a 10 point must system, then it's 10-9 going to the guy who scored the KD. I think that's right anyways.

Thanks for the answer man.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
This...

I would say it depends really. The guy who dishes out the knockdown MAY end up with a 10-8. But I would think if your dealing with competent judges, each fighter would get a point.
Was supposed to come out sounding like this...

Good post and I agree about the 10 point must systems...:freak:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts