Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boxingforum.com was started on March 1, 2006. I joined up April 8, 2006. I was the 29th member, and I remember some of the first poster's well. Me and Glen were pretty much the first rivalry, but it was through PM's. He kept trying to tell me that Liston was faster than Holmes. Anyways... Then Davedaboxingfan joined up, I vaguely remember his first posts. Then, I took a 1 month lay off from the site because it was too slow. I came back, and Erik and Captain were mods. So I made a decent sized push, and I became a mod 5 days before Tommy joined up. Then, 5 days later Toommy joined. Him and I had about 4 huge threads of pure agreement. 3 days after he joined, Tommy became a mod. Everything was going along smoothly, no debates, no rivalries, and no major disagreements. Then in November, both JCC and hhascup (henry hascup) joined. Suddenly, Tommy and I started to disagree, and JCC and I were agreeing on everything. It was the BIGGEST debate this site has ever seen. It was me and JCC vs Tommy and henry hascup. We had threads going from 3 pages all the way up to 8 or 9 pages with in 2 days. There were 2 main debates. 1) about Marciano in general, and 2) his head to head status, and status as an ATG. JCC and I were saying he is a top 5, and even a top 3 ATG heavyweight, and Tommy and Henry said other wise. The debates settled down just before Shane and Lance joined up. JCC suddenly disapeared, and hasn't been back since Febuary, which, on my part, was, and still is, a major loss. Henry disapeared not long after. Although, Henry has made a reapearence recently. Lance and Shane are the newest mods, and are doing a great job. But so far Tyson and leedslad are some of the most promicing noob's.

Well, thats a very rough, vague, and unspecific out line of boxingforum.com's history as of 8/17/07.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seeing that Ive been on the site the longest since Rick (our old Admin) is gone, I thought I should let everyone know of our great site's history.:)

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
come on bill, tell them about our little scuffle haha. aka street brawl.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: yo man, i aint no noob anymore lol.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok fine. TysonJones and I got a little...or a lot pissed off at each other and things were said, and its all cool now. I'll let TysonJones tell you about it.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
That was a catfight!

I remember when I joined everyone hated me, and treated me like a noobie who new nothing at all about boxing. I was mocked for calling Floyd a boxing scientist, which he is. My name was randomly brought up in slander, but it didn't bother me. I stuck around and everyone realized I know what's up as well as the fight game. I have come to know a lot about our members, and I thoroughly enjoy the debates, agreements, arguments, and everything else that this site allows. With continued growth and progress the sky is the limit. Just be nicer to the new guys, and maybe we'll find someone else as badass as me ;)

On a sidenote DO NOT TAKE SHOTS AT NEW GUYS! I will back them up to the fullest. We don't want to be scaring guys off.

I invite anyone to comment on the bulk of my post about my rememberance of my time here!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Nevermind I figured it out. E-mail rather than mail, and E-buddy rather than buddy. It means online buddy!

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Nevermind I figured it out. E-mail rather than mail, and E-buddy rather than buddy. It means online buddy!

Oh, ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
most definently. i think everyone knows who basically keeps this site going and all the members really respect that and are growing fast themselves.

1 - 20 of 229 Posts