Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it? To be honest I don't really watch the heavyweights a whole lot anymore, because they suck and are the worst in history. But, I would watch a rematch between Wlad and Peter to unify their titles. IMO it would be a big step to make a true champion. Its not right having 4 or 5 guys walking around saying their the heavyweight champion of the world. There's not even a linear champ, its not their fault of course, but what the heck. There should be 1 champ thats undisputed and linear. The last one to do that was Lewis. Which was 3 years ago, but its long enough for someone to unify all of the belts again. I know that its mainly politics too, thats what happend to Holmes. He was caught up when 2 of the major organizations created their belts, the IBF gave thers's to Holmes, and the IBO gave it to some nobody :dunno:. Boxing insant quite as corrupt, but its corrupt enough, and the lack of good, not even great fighters is just sick.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
boxing's still as corrupt as can be ;)

kiltschko/peter is basically the only heavyweight fight i'm looking forward to. peter is still a raw fighter, but he has improved a little. there's a little less "clubber lang" to him, and more of a professional prizefighter now. klitschko has renewed confidence which is an improvement in itself. the improvements made by the fighters should suggest the rematch will have better action.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Samuel Peter will be facing Oleg Maskaev in February if i remember right to find out who is the true WBC champion. But i think Wlad would really give Peter a beating in the rematch.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Bill stay current. Peter vs Maskaev is already signed, and Wlad would dominate Peter in a rematch. Peter nearly got his ass beat in his last fight against nobody.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Its the only HW fight im interested in really, i would very muhc tune in to watch this. It would be interesting, in the first fight with Wlad Peter looked like he had a very good chin, but in the McCline fight i think its put a few doubts in my mind now. If Peter wasnt in top condition, Wlad would probably stop Peter early.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know that Peter already signed to fight Maskaev, but a Wlad match is not out of the question. My only question is when? It should definately happen in 08 IMO, I was asking if there was any talk of a Petter-Wlad match.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
yes, common sense tells you that if peter gets past maskeav he will fight wlad soon to unify some titles. Thats the only heavyweight fight that will draw a little bit of a crowd and it would still do less than mike tyson vs anybody.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TysonJones said:
yes, common sense tells you that if peter gets past maskeav he will fight wlad soon to unify some titles. Thats the only heavyweight fight that will draw a little bit of a crowd and it would still do less than mike tyson vs anybody.
Or Lewis vs anyone. I bet with the amount of idiots out there, it would a new record with gate $$$.

·
Haye Ducked Me Too
515 Posts
bill1234 said:
I know that Peter already signed to fight Maskaev, but a Wlad match is not out of the question. My only question is when? It should definately happen in 08 IMO, I was asking if there was any talk of a Petter-Wlad match.
The winner of Maskaev Vs. Peter get Vitali not Vlad. 2009 all belts belong to the Klitschko's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts