Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure everyone wants this fight to happen, but do you guys think is probable?? I know is early to talk about this but I think that if Manny surprises everyone and defeats DLH, theres no way this fight is going to happen. If Manny beats DLH he probably will gain a "superhuman" fame that he would not want to risk against Marquez.

On the other hand, if DLH wins, the clearer the win the more possibilities that Marquez-Pacquiao III happens. If Pacquiao loses badly he would have a need to prove himself again and what better way of doing that than beating Marquez again.

What do you guys think about this??

Sorry for my english, im not a native speaker..

G

·
Im sure everyone wants this fight to happen, but do you guys think is probable?? I know is early to talk about this but I think that if Manny surprises everyone and defeats DLH, theres no way this fight is going to happen. If Manny beats DLH he probably will gain a "superhuman" fame that he would not want to risk against Marquez.

On the other hand, if DLH wins, the clearer the win the more possibilities that Marquez-Pacquiao III happens. If Pacquiao loses badly he would have a need to prove himself again and what better way of doing that than beating Marquez again.

if manny beats DLH, he aint fight JMM again i dont think. He should though, because in the 2 fights i didnt have Manny winning either.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
I actually don't care to see the fight happen. I'd rather Marquez try to solidify himself as undisputed Lightweight Champion of the world. Pacman is prolly going to stay at 140 after he KOs Hatton, whenever that fight gets made. Hopefully we won't have to see Oscar vs Hatton before Hatton eyes Pacman.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if manny beats DLH, he aint fight JMM again i dont think. He should though, because in the 2 fights i didnt have Manny winning either.
I agree

I actually don't care to see the fight happen. I'd rather Marquez try to solidify himself as undisputed Lightweight Champion of the world. Pacman is prolly going to stay at 140 after he KOs Hatton, whenever that fight gets made. Hopefully we won't have to see Oscar vs Hatton before Hatton eyes Pacman.
I would love to see the fight happen, but i agree that if Pacquiao doesnt come back to 135 the fight will never happen

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
If Pac loses to Oscar the 3rd fight with JMM is a lock.
Not if Hatton smartens up and goes for Pacman instead of De La Hoya. It's by far a more intriguing fight with more people who want to see and pay for it. If Pacman wins by some miracle of god he'd turn down Hatton on the drop of a hat to fight Floyd.

I personally will not watch Oscar beat up anyone below 147 ever again.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts

You speak pretty good english, just a little problem with 'it'

G

·
If Pac loses to Oscar the 3rd fight with JMM is a lock.
I think so too. Hatton already said he wants the winner of DLH/Pac, which will most likely be DLH. That doesn't leave Pacquiao with many other alternatives but to move back down or at least fight him at 140.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
I think so too. Hatton already said he wants the winner of DLH/Pac, which will most likely be DLH. That doesn't leave Pacquiao with many other alternatives but to move back down or at least fight him at 140.
If De La Hoya KOs Pacman easily, and Hatton has to go to the cards in a non-one-sided fight with Malinaggi, no idiot in their right mind is going to believe Hatton has a chance to beat Oscar and it simply won't market. I can see protests for it now. Hatton vs Pacman is the right fight. De La Hoya needs to fight at 154 or retire.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
If Oscar fought his wife on PPV his fans would still buy it. Same goes for Hatton. He gets KTFO and can still gather 50 000 people. That fight might make even more money than Oscar/Pac.

G

·
If De La Hoya KOs Pacman easily, and Hatton has to go to the cards in a non-one-sided fight with Malinaggi, no idiot in their right mind is going to believe Hatton has a chance to beat Oscar and it simply won't market. I can see protests for it now. Hatton vs Pacman is the right fight. De La Hoya needs to fight at 154 or retire.
The two biggest cash cows in boxing and you think it won't sell? This one will be in a 100,000 stadium in London and sell crazy amounts of PPV's. I'd much rather see Pacquiao-Hatton but that's just the way it is.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
The two biggest cash cows in boxing and you think it won't sell? This one will be in a 100,000 stadium in London and sell crazy amounts of PPV's. I'd much rather see Pacquiao-Hatton but that's just the way it is.
It will sell like crazy. No doubt about that.

If that's the way it is boxing is dead.
You're beginning to sound like an MMA fan :laugh::laugh:.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
It will sell like crazy. No doubt about that.

You're beginning to sound like an MMA fan :laugh::laugh:.
MMA is just as bad. They brought Ken Shamrock out of the grave to fight Kimbo, but he got injured within 24 hours of the fight and had to pull out. So they replaced him with an alternate who's fight didn't happen that night. ....The alternate KOed Kimbo in 8 seconds.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You think so?? Im not sure Marquez will want to go to 140.

G

·
You think so?? Im not sure Marquez will want to go to 140.
Roach says Pacquiao is going to fight at 140 after the DLH fight and if Marquez or the other guys at 135 want him they have to move up. It's not ideal but he'll probably take it to try and set things straight with Pacquiao.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Roach says Pacquiao is going to fight at 140 after the DLH fight and if Marquez or the other guys at 135 want him they have to move up. It's not ideal but he'll probably take it to try and set things straight with Pacquiao.
If there is no other option mayge JMM will go for it, but the higher the weight the less posibilities I see of Marquez winning. I hope im wrong cause i really want Marquez to beat him, in my eyes he won the first 2.

G

·
If there is no other option mayge JMM will go for it, but the higher the weight the less posibilities I see of Marquez winning. I hope im wrong cause i really want Marquez to beat him, in my eyes he won the first 2.
I think it'll be another close decision either way. I'm a fan of both but I think Marquez deserves to win for some justice.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts