Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Abraham destroys Demers!

Saturday, May 26 2007

Huck defeats Tokarev in IBF eliminator;
Povetkin crushes L'Heureux

By Karl Freitag
IBF middleweight champion Arthur Abraham (23-0, 18 KOs) is back. "King Arthur" showed no effects from the broken jaw suffered in his previous fight as he knocked out previously unbeaten Sebastien Demers (20-1, 9 KOs) in round three on Saturday night at the JAKO Arena in Bamberg, Germany. In a bout that started after midnight due to network coverage of a major soccer match, Abraham went right to work beating Demers to the punch with good combinations to the head and body. Abraham dropped Demers after a brutal assault in round three and referee Ernest Sharif stopped it at 2:57.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a highly anticipated IBF cruiserweight eliminator between unbeaten contenders, Marco Huck (19-0, 14 KOs) scored a twelve round majority decision over Vadim Tokarev (23-1-1, 16 KOs) to become the mandatory challenger. After an even first round, Huck found he was quicker than Tokarev and began to outwork him. The bout settled into a tactical battle as both fighters quickly grew to respect the other's power. Tokarev pressed the action, while Huck was busier. Huck was deducted a point in round nine for throwing an elbow. Huck pulled away in the last last three rounds, launching an aggressive assault, but the weary Tokarev would not fall and the bout went to the scorecards. Huck won 117-110 on two cards, with the third card even at 114-114.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2004 Olympic super heavyweight gold medalist Aexander Povetkin (12-0, 10 KOs) again showed he is a force to be reckoned with after a two round blowout of former Canadian champion Patrice L'Heureux (20-3-1, 12 KOs). The wipeout was stopped at 1:02 of the second round with Povetkin mercilessly pounding L'Heureux.
Not unexpectedly, Light welterweight Frank Shabani (6-0, 1 KO) outpointed Frederic Gosset (11-35-2, 3 KOs)....female light welterweight Cecilia Braekhus (3-0, 1 KO) won a four-rounder over Olga Bojare (1-5-1)....in a battle of young unbeaten light middleweights, Dominik Britsch (6-0, 1 KO) outpointed Hicham Nafil (5-1, 2 KOs)....cruiserweight Alexander Frenkel (9-0, 7 KOs) scored a one-sided six round decision over Lukasz Rusiewicz (6-4)....super middleweight Karo Murat (10-0, 6 KOs) blew away journeyman Mustapha Stini (6-24-1, 4 KOs)....cruiserweight Lukasz Janik (4-0, 3 KOs) pounded Jevgenijs Stamburskis (3-9) for three rounds before Stamburskis quit citing an injury.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
i like AA against either JT or pavlik, this kids got the lot, i just hope he doesn't get the sven ottke syndrome and fights the best guys around.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Damn!! I thought this fight was next week.. freaking missed it:(

Yeh they showed the fight here tysonjones, and they did a replay of Taylor-Spinks the day after dont know if Berto was included. I still have the Berto fight but i cant get it on to the computer.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
ive not seen the berto fight back on lance, sorry i missed it dude.

hey, leedslad, the AA fight is being showen next friday on skysports, i dont think we got it live.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts