Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have hear rumors of an Arthur Abraham-Felix Sturm fight in July. Saurland productions has already leased a venue for an Abraham fight in July, and they have said that they want Sturm. Thoughts?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I thought Sturm was fighting the #13 guy in the WBA. That fight would have to happen fast for a July fight with AA. A good fight however that I would like to see. But I'm sure it won't hit American television.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I don't think Felix Sturm will take this fight, and if he does he will get soundly beating by Abraham who is a much superior fighter. Would be nice if it happened though, that way the winner could fight Taylor/Pavlik later in the year and the division will be completely unified.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
That would be a good fight I hope it comes off.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think Felix Sturm will take this fight, and if he does he will get soundly beating by Abraham who is a much superior fighter. Would be nice if it happened though, that way the winner could fight Taylor/Pavlik later in the year and the division will be completely unified.
That's the idea Tom. I'm not too sure about this one though given the time constraints that you mentioned.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
That would be great to have 1 Champ in any division.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Sturm isnt too serious about fighting the best so i doubt he takes this fight, and the WBA has become a joke recently so don't expect the division to be completely unified anytime soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts