Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yo was good, i been boxing for 2 1/2 months now and the owner of the gym approached me and asked me if i wanted to start amatuer fights? iam a welterweight. my punching power is knockout material but my stamnia needs work. ya no what amtuer fights only go about 4 rounds so i should be good. what i wanna no is if its to early to start fighting amatuer? and when did sum of use start?

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
yo was good, i been boxing for 2 1/2 months now and the owner of the gym approached me and asked me if i wanted to start amatuer fights? iam a welterweight. my punching power is knockout material but my stamnia needs work. ya no what amtuer fights only go about 4 rounds so i should be good. what i wanna no is if its to early to start fighting amatuer? and when did sum of use start?
Hi YoungGun. I say if you want to box and believe in yourself do it :thumbsup: 2 1/2 months is kinda short but the owner of the gym must see something good in you to ask you :thumbsup: Go for it! ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damm right i workout six days a week basic **** like push-ups, sit-ups, and wroking with dumbells usually for about 1-1/2. i run in the park 2 days a week about 5 miles. then i train 4 days a week monday-thursday for 2 hours at the gym. i dont work rite now but i still get $ :dunno: shh and i plan on joinin the army taking up boxing. so ya i gotta lot free time.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts

How old are you?

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
If I were you I would improve the stamina, spar some and see how it feels, also watch amateur fights to see if you think you can compete. Use your head though, not your heart.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i wanna do it so bad when the owner approached me and asked me if i wanted to start amatuer fighting with a big smile on my face i said hell yeah . then he asked me if i had any medical problems/concussions.lol i replied no even doo i might had a few concossions /broken noes in my days i been in alot street fights he also asked me if i ever been knocked down. i replied never" and its true i been in about over 100 fights and not once hit the canvas iam what u call a bad dude for my size iam only 5'6 140. my street fighting record is undefeated. but i realized that has nothin to do with gettin in the ring my sec day i sparred held my ground but took sum good shots.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Fighting an amatuer fight is exciting especially the first time. 3 3 minute rounds is suprisingly exhausting, I would tell you to get some more training and especially sparring in. Your power will have almost no effect in amatuers, stamina and technique is where its at.

I started at 16 left it for a while got back at it at 19 and technicaly I find myself nastier and more aware of whats happening this time around. Analyzing fights from the best boxers and recognizing the good and bad things they do will do that for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts