Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WBO interim super featherweight champion Alex Arthur (26-1, 19 KOs) survived an eleventh round knockdown to win a unanimous decision over Steve Foster Jr (23-2, 16 KOs) on Saturday night at the Meadowbank Arena in Edinburgh, Scotland. Arthur dropped Foster in round nine with a body shot, but was floored himself with a big right hand two rounds later. In the end, Arthur prevailed 114-111, 114-111, 113-111. It was his first title defense. Joan Guzman holds the WBO's full belt in the 130lb division.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LeedsLad said:
You going to this Tommy? Should be an easy win for Arthur!
i think i'll watch this from the comfort of my couch tom with a few beers, if it was a better fighter arthur was in against then id go but i see a 2 round blow out here.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Don't blame you there mate, i agree it shouldnt last long at all. I think il chill with a few cans of fosters n watch it myself:laugh:

Do you see Arthur beating Guzman, if the fight happened for the full WBO? And how far do you think he can go?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LeedsLad said:
Don't blame you there mate, i agree it shouldnt last long at all. I think il chill with a few cans of fosters n watch it myself:laugh:

Do you see Arthur beating Guzman, if the fight happened for the full WBO? And how far do you think he can go?
the thing about arthur at 130 is he's a beast.

he's big and powerfull there, to be honest the talk around the gyms in glasgow is he's gonna fight scott harrison next year in our biggest domestic fight ever.

guzman wont come over here, he was mando to harrison at 126 for well over a year.

arthur v guzman would be close IMO guzman is the better boxer but arthur is the bigger stronger fighter.

50-50.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
im gutted i never went to this fight, the bill was great with guys like gary lockett, john simpson and ricky burns all fighting not to mension the war between arthur and foster.

plus the fact ricky hatton came in just before the main event......

the fight was awesome but it really shouldn't have been, arthur should have beaten foster inside a couple of rounds, it was very noticable that arthurs punches never had much on them and he looked very,very slow.

alex is seriously struggling to make 130 these days and its really affecting him all-round, his chin isnt as good either the way he's boiling himself down to the weight.

young foster was very game though and showed me enough to sujest he's gonna be a force at british and european level in the future, he'll never be a world champion but he doesn't lack the heart for a battle, he looked down and out in the 9th round but came back big in the 11th scoring a crushing knockdown which had arthur bundled through the ropes, alex was able to tie him up for the last 30 seconds though and cruised through the last round.

great fight, not FOTY but in the top 5-6.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts