Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Undefeated Olympic super heavyweight gold medalist Alexander Povetkin (15-0, 11 KOs) became the mandatory challenger for IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko with an impressive twelve round unanimous decision over previously unbeaten "Fast" Eddie Chambers (30-1, 16 KOs) in a world title eliminator on Saturday at the Tempodrome in Berlin. Povetkin was much busier early and landed the heavier punches, but when he counterpunched, the technically sound Chambers landed some very clean shots. Povetkin picked up the pace as the bout progressed and outworked Chambers by a wide margin in the middle rounds. Chambers had a good round nine. Entering the championship rounds, you could clearly hear Chambers' co-trainer Buddy McGirt urge his fighter "You've got to get him out of there. You've got to dig down deep." It was Povetkin, however, who closed strong, bringing heavy pressure in rounds eleven and twelve to clinch a 117-111, 119-109, 116-112 win.

·
Registered
349 Posts
This should be a pretty good fight .. I know Chambers is a tough good heavyweight .. same with Alex though .. he means business throws a ton of punches soo should be interesting.. I'm still stuck on a winner for sure though

·
Registered
349 Posts
No One really cares about this fight??? I am Kinda Looking foward to it I have seen this Povetkin Fight before he is a beast.. and Chambers is pretty solid too I think it should be pretty entertaining .. Get to see the RJJ and Tito Fight for free next week too .. I am Taking Povetkin in this one. Chambers can take it for sure he has a pretty impressive record although I havent seen him fight besides for his last fight. Who do you guys like in this one?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I was impressed by Povetkin against Byrd and i think he will win this on via UD and go one and get knocked out by Wlad. And if Chambers wins Wlad will knock him out too so imo this fight is just about who gets to get knocked out by Wlad.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I was impressed by Povetkin against Byrd and i think he will win this on via UD and go one and get knocked out by Wlad. And if Chambers wins Wlad will knock him out too so imo this fight is just about who gets to get knocked out by Wlad.
Agreed.. I think Wlad is just too much for any of those two...
Their chins were not tested before, if they're going to test it against Klitschko, its gonna be too late

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hmm, the winner of this would likely be making a big mistake fighting wlad. I want them to fight just to see what happens, but it looks like suicide if they do.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
props to povetkin on where he is in his career this early. If he wins he'd be fighting for a title in his 16th fight. That great. Or once again maybe it just shows how weak the heavyweight division is?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Well didnt he win Olympic gold? he would not be the first olympian to get title shot so early, look ad floyd, Whitaker and David Reid for example. And he also had the amateur record of 125-7 and he avanged all those losses.

·
Registered
318 Posts
This is going to be a great fight. Chambers hasn't fought anybody with the skills that Povetkin has so he will have to adapt quickly. He should have the hand-speed and counter-punching edge. However, does he have enough power to keep AP from walking him down for 12-rounds? I want Chambers to win so that is what I predict. Chambers by split-decision. This is a must see fight if you like HW's who don't tie up.

A WK vs. Povetkin fight is a bit more interesting than EC vs WK. EC is just to small against the huge guys of the HW division.

·
Registered
349 Posts
You guys see the odds on this fight? -700 for Povetkin .. and +500 for Chambers.. Alex is that much of a favorite??? I almost want to take chambers just cause it might be good odds.. But I am rooting for Povetkin .. What you think ???!?!?!?

·
Registered
318 Posts
You guys see the odds on this fight? -700 for Povetkin .. and +500 for Chambers.. Alex is that much of a favorite??? I almost want to take chambers just cause it might be good odds.. But I am rooting for Povetkin .. What you think ???!?!?!?
What are the odds on the fight going the distance?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Theboz .. Its Over 9.5 is -250 .. Under 9.5 +205

Capt... +500 Aint too bad eh?? He's what 36-0 ?? 32-0 Or so .. good odds for a quick buck maybe .. I might lay a little on Chambers just cause the odds are too good ..

What about for going the distance ?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Povetkin has realy impressed me, i think he destroys chambers (ive only saw chambers once) who didn't impress me.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
I think Chambers can and will go the distance. I doubt he'll get destroyed, even if he happens to lose. Hes very good defensively and hes an excellent counter puncher. But that is also sometimes a weakness as he waits for the action instead of pressing it. Hopefully he continues to develop, and hopefully he wins this bout.
He's also a very nice guy too. Ive met him a couple times in Philly.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I'm taking Chambers in ths fight. I think he will pick up the pace, and step his game up.
For one of the rare times I must disagree. Chambers has the tools to beat Povetkin, but he waits on the action to come to him rather than pressing much. I think that will lead to his downfall. I see Chambers being about 3 rounds behind going into the final rounds and having to play catch up which isn't good for his style.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I've never seen either fight I just hope its a good fight and may the best man win

1 - 20 of 34 Posts