Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would pick Arguello by decision, possibly KO. I think he would capitalize on Pacquiao's wildness. He was a master technician.

Note: Although Aaron Pryor beat Arguello and has a similar style to Pacquiao, it was at 140, and Argullo was well past his prime.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Arguello would have knocked Manny out in the late rounds of a 15 round fight. He would've been too big, punches too precise with power(and cut inducing), and too skillful boxingwise for Pacman. The fight at featherweight would have been a better and closer fight with Pacquiaos' relentlessness. At superfeatherweight he would pick the calmer and conservative Manny apart.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Arguello late stoppage or ud 15. He had a very good right, and he could use it as a lead effectively (what he KO'd Rooney with). He could cut people up pretty good, and he was also a very good technician who could slug it out (like he did with Pryor in the rematch). He was able to drop a coked up Pryor, so I have no doubt that if he landed flush enough, Pacquiao would fall as well.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
The explosive thin man drops Manny in the 7th round and then again in the 9th round for the count. Ray Mancini said that Arguello was the hardest puncher that he ever fought. He was had a pretty good defense too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts