Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would pick Arguello by decision, possibly KO. I think he would capitalize on Pacquiao's wildness. He was a master technician.

Note: Although Aaron Pryor beat Arguello and has a similar style to Pacquiao, it was at 140, and Argullo was well past his prime.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Arguello would have knocked Manny out in the late rounds of a 15 round fight. He would've been too big, punches too precise with power(and cut inducing), and too skillful boxingwise for Pacman. The fight at featherweight would have been a better and closer fight with Pacquiaos' relentlessness. At superfeatherweight he would pick the calmer and conservative Manny apart.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Arguello late stoppage or ud 15. He had a very good right, and he could use it as a lead effectively (what he KO'd Rooney with). He could cut people up pretty good, and he was also a very good technician who could slug it out (like he did with Pryor in the rematch). He was able to drop a coked up Pryor, so I have no doubt that if he landed flush enough, Pacquiao would fall as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts