Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
October 4th on HBO's Boxing After Dark.

Yuriorkis Gamboa (11-0, 9 KO) vs.
Marcos Ramirez (25-0, 16 KO)

Alfredo Angulo (13-0, 10 KO) vs.
Andrey Tsurkan (26-3, 17 KO)

Anyone else as excited as me about the Angulo fight? Should be a lot of fun while it lasts.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I like Angulo, he reminds me a lot of Margarito.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
October 4th on HBO's Boxing After Dark.

Yuriorkis Gamboa (11-0, 9 KO) vs.
Marcos Ramirez (25-0, 16 KO)

Alfredo Angulo (13-0, 10 KO) vs.
Andrey Tsurkan (26-3, 17 KO)

Anyone else as excited as me about the Angulo fight? Should be a lot of fun while it lasts.
Hell yeah this will be good. I wish they could have fit Kirkland on there as well, but oh well. I predict Gamboa's opponent gets changed 3 times before the fight. War Angulo!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I'm hearing kirkland is going to be on the card as well, his opponent is tba though. Hbo was talking about doing another triple header with these guys awhiel back.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm hearing kirkland is going to be on the card as well, his opponent is tba though. Hbo was talking about doing another triple header with these guys awhiel back.
I've heard Joel Julio if he wins his upcoming ESPN2 fight. It would be odd for Kirkland to be back in the mix since he's not one of Gary Shaw's guys anymore after their split which was anything but acrimonious.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
You're obviously mixed up. He absolutely destroyed Jesse Feliciano back in April. He's a banger and no one has to look very hard for him.
I think he's thinking of yuri foreman. A guy who tsurkan fought and foreman pretty much ran the whole time.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think he's thinking of yuri foreman. A guy who tsurkan fought and foreman pretty much ran the whole time.
Ahh, you're probably right. That makes sense. Tsurkan runs about as much as Margarito. Is it wrong to even mention those two in the same sentence? :)

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Not at all, neither are that "skilled". If tsurkan stays around long enough and finds the right person with a title. His toughness and pressue could win him a world title.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not at all, neither are that "skilled". If tsurkan stays around long enough and finds the right person with a title. His toughness and pressue could win him a world title.
Ah well, you know I feel a bit differently on that. Margarito's skill...well, I won't beat that dead horse, but I just feel that he is skilled just not in the Pernell Whitaker, Floyd Mayweather, or even Miguel Cotto sort of way. He's truly one of a kind and a great story in the boxing world. Tsurkan could win a title at some point, but I think Margarito just might unify the division, assuming he doesn't make the fateful decision to move up to 154. The timing is right for him, but it certainly won't be easy. I'd never doubt him, though.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Theres definenely a skill in the amount of pressue he puts on and the ability for him to take a shot and his stamina.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I can't either Darlene. Where you been?
Just working and enjoying the summer. But I ain't forgot about my boys here on the forum. I'm still watching fights. I haven't been seeing as many fights at Gerald's house as before. But I'm still a regular. I'm still stalling my girls till Friday night fights are over before we go out. I'm a boxing fan for life. And this my forum.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Just working and enjoying the summer. But I ain't forgot about my boys here on the forum. I'm still watching fights. I haven't been seeing as many fights at Gerald's house as before. But I'm still a regular. I'm still stalling my girls till Friday night fights are over before we go out. I'm a boxing fan for life. And this my forum.
Nothing wrong with enjoying the summer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts