Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who would win

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ali vs Lennox Lewis prime vs prime taking place at the MGM Grand in Vegas. For the HW Championship of the world.

Who would win and how???

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Ali would have had to much speed for Lennox, i doubt Lewis could knock him out because Ali had one of the greatest chins in boxing history. Ali wins a wide UD, to much skill and speed for the big man.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I agree Ali by a clear UD.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I think Lewis would have problems with Ali's speed too but i think that Jab that we've all seen so many times, would be used to good affect and ive Ali problems but i can't see Lewis knocking Ali out, i'd go for Ali on points or a late KO

·
Registered
130 Posts
This would be a lot closer then you think. But it would have to be Ali UD or late stoppage for me

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Ali ud. I would see it being close at the start, but Ali keeping a steady pace all throught out but Lewis fading around the 7th or 8th. By the 15th he's Ali's punching bag. Ali 9 rounds to 6.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Ali by UD or late stoppage. Ali hands speed alone would beat Lewis.

·
Banned
1,305 Posts
I have the fight going very simular to the way that everybody is talking. I have a different way of prediting this fight.

Rope a Dope Ali vs. Prime Lennox Lewis
Ali UD10 Lewis
Ali UD12 Lewis
Ali TKO13 Lewis

Prime Ali vs. Prime Lewis
Ali UD10 Lewis
Ali TKO11 Lewis

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Lennox lewis can be compared to sonny liston and look what happened to him lol.
I think ali had two primes 1964-67 1973-76 The young dancing ali runs rings around lewis all night long taking a wide UD on the cards
The slower ( but still quick for a heavyweight) footed fast handed more experienced ali of the 70s takes lewis out about round 11/12

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Say what? lol Lewis and Liston have absolutely nothing in common.
Both had the same Ko percentage being 72%, Both had the same reach 84" both had excellent jabs I didnt say they had the excatly the same style i just said they can be compared and thats why lol :D

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Both had the same Ko percentage being 72%, Both had the same reach 84" both had excellent jabs I didnt say they had the excatly the same style i just said they can be compared and thats why lol :D
KO% and reach don't mean squat. These fighters have nothing in common, it's just a bad comparison period.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
KO% and reach don't mean squat. These fighters have nothing in common, it's just a bad comparison period.
the kos percentage and reach and jab is what they have in common lol, Weather their alike or not doesnt matter the thread is who wins ali vs lewis and ali wins

1 - 20 of 23 Posts