Allen Green vs Andre Ward - HBO - 2/2/08

2K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  Intellectual 1 
#1 ·
Allen Green vs Andre Ward

Supermiddle Bout

HBO Tripleheader

Feburary 2, 2008

#11 ·
green wont ever be top 5 at 168 guys, neither will miranda.

kessler.
froch.
bute.
inkin.
mundine.

these 5 would easily have there way with both fighters.

#12 ·
That is your opinion and I disagree. Allan Green is top 5 right now...yes he is unproven but his skills are phenomenal and his left hook shatters anything it touches. I like Kessler at number 1 then bute number 2 and Mundine is number 3 in my opinion. Besides...he's sparring with the great RJ which is an honor within itself :laugh: He'll get better because of it. Allan Green is number 4 and I like Miranda number 5. His switching to a more technical style of fighting is going to elevate him to the top. Miranda and Allan Green will reign in a couple of years...mark my words...

#13 ·
Intellectual 1 said:
That is your opinion and I disagree. Allan Green is top 5 right now...yes he is unproven but his skills are phenomenal and his left hook shatters anything it touches. I like Kessler at number 1 then bute number 2 and Mundine is number 3 in my opinion. Besides...he's sparring with the great RJ which is an honor within itself :laugh: He'll get better because of it. Allan Green is number 4 and I like Miranda number 5. His switching to a more technical style of fighting is going to elevate him to the top. Miranda and Allan Green will reign in a couple of years...mark my words...
im not gonna turn this thread into another rj thread because quite honestly he has nothing at all to do with this thread.

my opinion is any fighter worth there ssalt wouldn't losse to a face first warrior like miranda, he got found out against kelly after he had his way with your man.

not top 5, infact you can list him behind jeff lacy to and andrade who would smoke him him in 5.

for the record, i like green, i think he's gonna be in some great fights in the future but will lose galantley.

#15 ·
Intellectual 1 said:
He was sick...he had to have intestinal surgery...didn't you know that?
what ive heard is he was seriously weight drained and yeah, it didn't let him perform to his best that night, maybe the fight would have been diffrent at 168 but imo there still would not have been much diffrence between the fighters.

i still say greens good and i like him but i dont see him being elite at the weight.

#18 ·
That's the truth indeed. I like Mundine and I'm a fan and I respect what kessler has done in that weight division. He ducks NO ONE...you always have to respect a man for that. I'm not to familiar with bute, inkin, or froch. I won't be ignorant of this division for too long because this division has a lot of bright young stars coming up...

#20 ·
This fight would be pretty good to watch, I don't know who will win though because they're both pretty good. And give Edison Mirnada some time, he'll be a top 10 talent in the super middleweight div but he must prove it by taking a fight with Pascal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.