Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why, but I'm just not a fan. I guess I don't like his style, I'm not sure. I know he's an ATG, and I rate him highly P4P, but I'm just not a fan.:dunno:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
How can you not like his style :S I thought Duran had theese must like style :D Go forward and punish your opponents :D. But hey like him or dont he is one of the best and hed is def my top 5 favorite fighters of all time.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Duran never was much of a fan favorite. I think Ray Leonard kind of stole his thunder, ala Sonny Liston vs. Muhammad Ali.

The lasting image I have of him is falling face down after Tommy Hearns clocked him with that right hand. That's not fair though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Rayman said:
Duran never was much of a fan favorite. I think Ray Leonard kind of stole his thunder, ala Sonny Liston vs. Muhammad Ali.

The lasting image I have of him is falling face down after Tommy Hearns clocked him with that right hand. That's not fair though.
The lasting image I have of Hearns is being scared crapless of Hagler :laugh:

·
Registered
286 Posts
How can you not like a guy who keeps coming forward and takes more punishment than gave out, but when he did it was usually for keeps. I think Bill sees that Roberto was not the cleanest of fighters. He could be very street when he had too, that was also part of his style.I did not always like it but I saw that it was a part of his picture.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts