Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and I was just wondering, I have an exhibition match in a week and my opponent is going to weigh at featherweight (57kg/126 lbs) and at the moment I weigh in between 135-140. Am I required to get down to the same weight as him or does it really matter since it's an exhibition match?

I'm going to ask my trainer to I just wanted to hear what you guys had to say.

Thanks. :)

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Best thing would be to ask him, but I fought an amateur exhibition where the guy outweighed me by 7 pounds. It all depends on the situation, so I'd suggest asking your trainer.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I have a fight December 20th already booked and i have to be 120 for the fight. Today i weighed myself and saw that i'm 125 pounds after just a week. I've been doing a lot of shoulder/tricep workouts i think i gained 5 pounds of muscle which may have screwed me over i gotta get back down to 120 i'm gaining pounds like nothing. I think you can still fight if you outweigh the weight limit i think your opponent will have the choice of saying yes or no..who knows. To lose that weight i'd suggest doing intense cardio work, not eating as much as usual and not lifting weights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts