Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently around 165 lbs. and i read to be an amateur welterweight i have to be 152 which shouldnt be a problem to get to im about 5'8" 5'9" and want start seriously training i have fooled around before and know somewhat what im doing so if anyone could help me out and give a training regime that i can follow or any tips it would greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welterweight is 147 usually - 154 is light middleweight.

Is there any boxing gyms in your area? I would recommend checking one out if there is, as they will be able to help you in every aspect of training really.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea the 147 and 154 is for pro's but i live in miami and ive been to fight club but the boxing training they have there is more for aerobic purposes rather than actual amateur boxing

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you the website is a great help i just need to find the specific articles im looking for. appreciate it

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do you have enough equipment at home for training? If you do and follow the exercises on that site, you could get a pretty decent workout going.

Maybe have a look around and see if you can find a more serious boxing gym?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i have a heavy bag and a speed bag on an allright platform I usually have to place alot of free weights on the platform to keep it in place.

Thanks Again

1 - 8 of 8 Posts