Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is not a hate thread people it is legit issues with the state of the game stateside.

Right now America has two pound 4 pound fighters. Kelly Pavlik and Bernard Hopkins. Its not clear if Nard is going to fight again and if he does it will likely be only once.

Kelly is a top tier fighter, he's got a big future and fights ahead of him.

Apart from that though who else is there? Who else is going to be a top P4P fighter from the states in years to come?

Oscar, Winky, Forrest, Mosley, Nate Campbell and Jermain Taylor are not at there best these days. Campbell has a few straps but he's pushing 37 now and his days at the top are numbered to make a P4P statement.

Robert Guerrero, Paul Williams, Steve Cunningham and Andre Berto are good but they are not going to dominate. Chad Dawson is a good talent but i dont feel he's going to make much waves either in the future, i had him losing to a 40 year old Glen Johnson.

There are no HW's coming through either.

The only two guys i think that have a chance are Andre Dirrell and Juan Diaz. Maybe Victor Ortiz.

American boxing is going down hill fast IMO.

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Paul Williams can dominate first of all, but there's other good fighters that has a chance to be great such as Timothy Bradleyy (24 yrs old, and beat Junior Witter for the WBC title), Juan Diaz, the Peterson bros. (both have what it takes to be great), James Kirkland, Deandre Lattimore, and the list can go on. Yeah the US great fighters now (B-Hop, Pav, what's left of RJ, JT, Tarver, DLH, Mosley, etc.) and we have whole lot of good prospects as well that can do a whole lot of damage in the near future.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Paul Williams can dominate first of all, but there's other good fighters that has a chance to be great such as Timothy Bradleyy (24 yrs old, and beat Junior Witter for the WBC title), Juan Diaz, the Peterson bros. (both have what it takes to be great), James Kirkland, Deandre Lattimore, and the list can go on. Yeah the US great fighters now (B-Hop, Pav, what's left of RJ, JT, Tarver, DLH, Mosley, etc.) and we have whole lot of good prospects as well that can do a whole lot of damage in the near future.
Williams is a good fighter but he isnt even dominating 147. He most probably will be moving up in weight pretty soon where his height and strengh advantages start to even up. I dont see Paul ever being P4P.

<--------------
David Haye. ;)

I hope not :laugh:, Khan is barely on the Peterson Bros level. They're all good prospects nevertheless.
Do the Petersons even have a level. ;)

Seriously.....Their compition is worse than any of the prospects coming through right now. They look good against who they are fighting (sometimes) but they are in need of a serious step up.

You mensioned Kirkland though. He looks excellant and hits very very hard. I want to see him fight Angulo pretty soon.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
This is not a hate thread people it is legit issues with the state of the game stateside.

Right now America has two pound 4 pound fighters. Kelly Pavlik and Bernard Hopkins. Its not clear if Nard is going to fight again and if he does it will likely be only once.

Kelly is a top tier fighter, he's got a big future and fights ahead of him.

Apart from that though who else is there? Who else is going to be a top P4P fighter from the states in years to come?

Oscar, Winky, Forrest, Mosley, Nate Campbell and Jermain Taylor are not at there best these days. Campbell has a few straps but he's pushing 37 now and his days at the top are numbered to make a P4P statement.

Robert Guerrero, Paul Williams, Steve Cunningham and Andre Berto are good but they are not going to dominate. Chad Dawson is a good talent but i dont feel he's going to make much waves either in the future, i had him losing to a 40 year old Glen Johnson.

There are no HW's coming through either.

The only two guys i think that have a chance are Andre Dirrell and Juan Diaz. Maybe Victor Ortiz.

American boxing is going down hill fast IMO.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Haha its like in Talladega Nights when Ricky Bobby says you can say anything as long as you say “With all due respect" at the beginning.
With all due respect...[strike]Your a douche[/strike]. :laugh:

Rules apply to everyone! No insults, even in
jest. You know that better than anybody. truebluefan

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
Haha its like in Talladega Nights when Ricky Bobby says you can say anything as long as you say “With all due respect" at the beginning.
is it me or is that pic of roy jones holding a chicken quite funny lol. his pose and look at the camera is funny :p

great pic. i have no idea what the chicken is for?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts