Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what kind of buzz this has generated across the pond? First NFL football game to be played there, I'm assuming they are trying to gerner interest to expand the league down the line...

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I dont really know a great deal about it, there's alot in the newspapers and on the news broadcast's about it and it sold out pretty quickly. 90,000 expected there, so there must be some kind of buzz around London.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Yep, 90k is a good turn out.Apparently there were 1m applications for tickets, which is AMAZING. I think its pretty popular over here, its on Sky Sports (the main channel) so it must be doing something right. There is also 100 teams from clubs and universities across the country too.

I watched the game, as did my dad, and to be honest it wasnt that bad and the crowd seemed very interested. I think once a year is enough for now.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Yep, 90k is a good turn out.Apparently there were 1m applications for tickets, which is AMAZING. I think its pretty popular over here, its on Sky Sports (the main channel) so it must be doing something right. There is also 100 teams from clubs and universities across the country too.

I watched the game, as did my dad, and to be honest it wasnt that bad and the crowd seemed very interested. I think once a year is enough for now.
I don't really like the idea at all to be honest. It takes away a home game from one of the teams not to mention jet lag and what not. The players don't like it. The owners and fans hate it. I don't think the UK really wants it. Today was all hyped up, but it was a good team against the worst in the NFL. I guess it isn't going to bother me too much unless they try to get Dallas to travel overseas for a "home game."

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I don't really like the idea at all to be honest. It takes away a home game from one of the teams not to mention jet lag and what not. The players don't like it. The owners and fans hate it. I don't think the UK really wants it. Today was all hyped up, but it was a good team against the worst in the NFL. I guess it isn't going to bother me too much unless they try to get Dallas to travel overseas for a "home game."
Well, both teams schedules were made so they had a bye week after according to the broadcast over here. I think it was something new, but i can see what you mean. I dont think we'd be too bothered if it didnt happen again, so if the teams dont want it then i dont see why it should happen again.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I applied for tickets didmt get any though :mad:

It's 3rd favourite sport (behind boxing and rubgy league naturally ;))

Didn't watch the game was out, was out.

Hopefully they'll come back next year, love to see the Steelers, don't have the money to go to Heinz Field :eek: (yes I know my stuff lol).

Heard the players were whinging about the pitch etc nout wrong with it just a bit muddy we play rugby through mud all the time, without the padding you lot have n all!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
LeedsLad said:
Well, both teams schedules were made so they had a bye week after according to the broadcast over here. I think it was something new, but i can see what you mean. I dont think we'd be too bothered if it didnt happen again, so if the teams dont want it then i dont see why it should happen again.
I agree. The biggest thing is one team losing a home game.

·
Registered
15 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I agree. The biggest thing is one team losing a home game.
Yeah i Agree also, What if the Giants did lose that game and then by some chance they lose the Division at the end of the season by one game that might have started something between the Giants and the NFL....with the way things are going this season with everyone complaining about everything like the Patriots running up the score...Who cares its football you play until the end stop complaining about them scoring and stop them from scoring...im not a Patriots fan but there a great team and can put up some points and no one can stop them :laugh:

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
newchapter said:
Yeah i Agree also, What if the Giants did lose that game and then by some chance they lose the Division at the end of the season by one game that might have started something between the Giants and the NFL....with the way things are going this season with everyone complaining about everything like the Patriots running up the score...Who cares its football you play until the end stop complaining about them scoring and stop them from scoring...im not a Patriots fan but there a great team and can put up some points and no one can stop them :laugh:
The Cowboys were keeping up, winning 27-24 in the 3rd quarter before they started getting hit with holding penalties on every first down. No other team has been within 14 of the Patriots in the second half. We were ahead, although it really doesn't matter in all honesty. New England is ridiculous and should not lose a game this year. I expect them to go to Indianapolis and stomp them. I agree with your point about the score NewChapter. If you don't like it do something about it, Washington!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts