Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Amir Kahns next opponent!

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  BALISTIK 
#1 ·
#3 ·
thats what i thought as well, but if he wants to be champ why not go for the best there is?

but the david diaz path definately seems sweeter!

he'll be up against it if he faces juan Diaz! but we'll see, i wish him the best he is a talented fighter and doesn't look to be taking the same route as Hamed (well not quite anyway)

#7 · (Edited)
That could happen Tom, he may face Katsidis at the end of the year for the WBO title.

If Casamayor beats Katsidis though he'll most likely relinquish the WBO strap and move up in weight for the big $$$$ fights, then Amir will be fighting for a vacant title, that is a very likely outcome, i give Casa the edge over Katsidis.

#8 ·
In the sport as a whole, no but with the WBO Warren has a massive influence. I think Juan Diaz is no longer contracted to King, from what i heard his deal with him is coming to an end early this year.

Thats whats most likely to happen Tom, he'll probs face Katsidis at the end of the year for the WBO title.

If Casamayor beats Katsidis though he'll most likely relinquish the WBO strap and move up in weight for the big $$$$ fights, then Amir will be fighting for a vacant title, that is a very likely outcome, i give Casa the edge over Katsidis.
I hope Katsidis wins, but i do think Casa is gonna cause a shock and grind out a UD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.