Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The story has just broke on Setanta Sports News. :thumbsup:

Edit: Can a mod move this to the general section.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Agree. Floyd Sr. would be a better choice since he's a vocal man but not a bad choice in Rubio.
I like Floyd Sr., the guy always makes me laugh :laugh: He's also a genuinely good trainer, and he never lets his fighters cut corners. He would have been perfect for Khan.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
I like Floyd Sr., the guy always makes me laugh :laugh: He's also a genuinely good trainer, and he never lets his fighters cut corners. He would have been perfect for Khan.
Agreed on that one. He's a very good trainer, topped off with the fact he could whip that overrated Khan into a half decent fighter (I'll never believe he'll ever be a great fighter).

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I think now is the make or break time for Khan :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Is Rubio the guy that used to train Mario Kindalahn in the amateurs in cuba??? If so its not a very wise choice in my opinion. He is used to training amateurs which anyone thats boxed both knows its a different as chalk and cheese.I think Freddie would have been my choice

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
I don't know alot about this guy. I'm surprised Khan hasn't went for someone more high profile.
the amount these big shot trainers charge, it probably be more profitable for the average boxer to train people.

G

·
the amount these big shot trainers charge, it probably be more profitable for the average boxer to train people.
I didn't mean someone high profile as in Manny Stewart, I meant someone that can actually improve his fighters that is worth the money. A good investment sort of thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts