Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amir Khan has congratualted new lightweight world champion Nate Campbell on beating Juan Diaz - but has warned him he is coming to get his titles.

Campbell pulled off a major shock when he out-pointed Diaz in Mexico at the weekend to land the WBC, WBO and WBA crowns.

And Khan says he'd be keen on a fight with the top American.

"No one gave Campbell much of a chance, so it's a great acheivement to have beaten Diaz and won those belts," said the 21-year-old from Bolton.

"But I don't think I'm too far off fighting the likes of Campbell - and hopefully by the end of the year I'll be challenging for the titles.

"He's a great fighter, but at the end of the day I want to test myself against the best.

"I'm improving every day in the gym, and I'm punching much harder now than I was just six months ago.

"I just need a little bit more experience and then I'll be ready for anyone in the world. I went 12 hard rounds in my last fight, and that's given loads more confidence."

Khan, unbeaten in 16 fights, put on a punch perfect display last time out in taking every round against former world champion Gairy St Clair in a defence of his Commonwealth belt.

Next time out he tackles Martin Kristjansen at the Bolton Arena, Bolton, on April 5 in an eliminator for the WBO World title.

With Khan already highly ranked by the WBO, and Kristjansen the current number two, victory will see him move a step closer a mandatory shot at either Campbell, or interim WBO champion Michael Katsidis.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I think Kahn would win Campell and everyone else in the division and imo it doesnt matter if its tomorrow or in 8 months.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Campbell knocks Khan out in 5

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Khan is a good PROSPECT, thats it. Campbell would knock him out at the moment, Amir needs a few more fights before stepping in with this kind of company.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
The fight I really want to see is Khan/Katsidis. I think that will be a brutal fight for the ages.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The fight I really want to see is Khan/Katsidis. I think that will be a brutal fight for the ages.
It would if Khan could take a punch.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
yeah, i don't think kahn beats campbell, casamayor, or katsidis. he'd have his best shot at a victory against katsidis though.

I bet we will have the answer to one of those before the year's done.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Campbell would knock out Con in 3. No way Con would be able to handle Campbell rough style. And i doubt that chin would hold up

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I don't think Khan would even beat David Diaz right now...but in 2 or 3 more fights against solid opposition he might be ready for a titleshot. I'm glad he's eager to step up though.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Amir Khan needs to keep his mouth shut. He keeps calling out people and they accept he backs down.

He was calling out faded British Champion John Thaxton and when Thaxtons people offered him £400,000(roughly $700,000) to fight, Khan shut up and ain't gonna fight.

Khan has World Class ability and skills but he has a chin made of glass.

·
Banned
589 Posts
He Lost Alot Of Respect From Me With This, He Hasnt Proven A Thing Or Beaten Anyone Of Significance Yet. I Guess He's Satisfied With Taking The Hatton Route, Becoming A Protected Fighter Until He Feels Like He's "Ready" For The Elites.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Khan is a good PROSPECT, thats it. Campbell would knock him out at the moment, Amir needs a few more fights before stepping in with this kind of company.
I respects your opinion and all Tom but i give nate the edge in the chin department....Thats is all.

I think Amir would out class him, either lopsided UD or late TKO.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
In Khans defense, he's only had 15 pro fights.............lol...........I think the purpose of calling out campbell is to finally get that big fight and shut people up. All fighters fight bums and nobodies until they get that one big fight. Thats just the way it goes.

And im hardly a khan fan. I am but im not sold just yet.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Amir Khan needs to keep his mouth shut. He keeps calling out people and they accept he backs down.

He was calling out faded British Champion John Thaxton and when Thaxtons people offered him £400,000(roughly $700,000) to fight, Khan shut up and ain't gonna fight.

Rob, i heard diffrent.

IU heard Frank offered Thaxton the £100k ($200k) and Jon demanded more. :dunno:

Either way. Amir is now granted mando to nate (if he beats the dane lol) and mark my words. He will wipe them all out in 18 montha.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I dont htink it will either. If kahn fights anyone it'll be for the wbo belt first I believe. Which katsidas holds the interim wbo belt so Katidas may fight the winner of casa vs katsidas down the road. I still think kahn needs a few more fights up his sleeve first.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts

Yeah I heard the same thing. Con would rather talk a big fight, than fight a big fight.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts