Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
britains olimpiv silver medalist amir khan has beaten corageous scotts man willie limond in a 9 round TD. the early rounds were close and fought at a fast pace with khan having the edge in them.

the 6th round saw amir taste the canvas for the first time in his pro career but it looked more like a push than a punch after willie hit him with a good shot.

the very next round khan came out with his bit between his teeth and dominated the round flooring limond with a great upercut.

khan then went on to dominate the 7th-8th rounds before the doctor stoped it just before the start of the 9th.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iain123 said:
was hardly just a push, he was shaken up bad, willie just didnt take his chance when he had it.
he had khan hurt with the punch, but it was a push that had him over.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
iain123 said:
yeah, he should of finished him.
khan was ok when he got back up, IMO he was nowhere near being ko'd, then he comes out the very next round and blows limond away. thats how a champion reacts.

major props to limond though, he fought his heart out!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,092 Posts
What a great fight. Both fighters have my 100 % respect and one of the best fights i have seen recently. Amir in my opinion was hurt badly and could have been stoped. I think his legs where pretty bad after he went down but what he came up with in round 7 and 8 was what a real champion does. I think this fight and the knockdown has done him the world of good. I no the talk about amirs chin will come up after this fight because limond wasnt known as a great power puncher had him rocked. Although think limond hit harder and trained harder than any pervious fight. Khan in my eyes has it all and will be world champion despite being droped tonight. Come on Amir i am a much bigger fan now than before this fight.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tyson said:
What a great fight. Both fighters have my 100 % respect and one of the best fights i have seen recently. Amir in my opinion was hurt badly and could have been stoped. I think his legs where pretty bad after he went down but what he came up with in round 7 and 8 was what a real champion does. I think this fight and the knockdown has done him the world of good. I no the talk about amirs chin will come up after this fight because limond wasnt known as a great power puncher had him rocked. Although think limond hit harder and trained harder than any pervious fight. Khan in my eyes has it all and will be world champion despite being droped tonight. Come on Amir i am a much bigger fan now than before this fight.
theres no doubt he was hurt/stunned when limond caught him blind, but it was defo a shove that put him down and he looked fine when he got back up. the following round he just came out and blew willie to bits.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,092 Posts
tommygunn said:
theres no doubt he was hurt/stunned when limond caught him blind, but it was defo a shove that put him down and he looked fine when he got back up. the following round he just came out and blew willie to bits.
i no what your saying tommy but i think he would have defo gone down even if the push wasnt done. His legs where gone and he needed the time to get back together u no wat i mean ?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tyson said:
i no what your saying tommy but i think he would have defo gone down even if the push wasnt done. His legs where gone and he needed the time to get back together u no wat i mean ?
i do, im notr doubting he was hurt because he clearly was.

i just think because it was amir they made more of it than it was.

i think we now know that amir isnt ready just yet to fight for a world title yet, maybe 18-24 months from now.

id like him to go after european and british titles now, id say thaxton next up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,092 Posts
tommygunn said:
i do, im notr doubting he was hurt because he clearly was.

i just think because it was amir they made more of it than it was.

i think we now know that amir isnt ready just yet to fight for a world title yet, maybe 18-24 months from now.

id like him to go after european and british titles now, id say thaxton next up.
Thats cool yeh i no wat u mean because it was khan everyone made huge amount off fuss. Its boxing what do people realy expect the lads only 20. Yee id like to see thaxton next. Amir will improve in the next 2 years then get him in there for world title.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,505 Posts
Khan was well hurt from that shot, Limond had alot more pop in his punch than he has before. After Khan was hit, his legs got all tangled up and he lost balance before Limond kind of pushed him down. Honestly, the best thing to do there was to go down anyways. He showed good heart to come back in the 7th and broke Limond's nose and jaw in the end.

There has to be questions about his chin though, Limond is a very light puncher and Khan was clearly stunned for about 30 seconds. I dont know if hes ready for Thaxton, and even if he is, i dont see Warren taking many more risks with Khan now.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
frank must have throwen up when he saw amir go down. LOL

i like to compare khan and berto because IMO there the 2 biggest prospects in world boxing, khan is now ahead of berto in his career and has only had 13 fights.

andre has yet to fight a fighter at limonds level yet!!

i cant wait for these 2 to fight a few years from now, its got a real US v UK flavor to it. :D
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
vinnysimmo said:
Khan has actual been down one time before. You said it was his first time he tasted the canvas

Massive respect to both fighters tho. What a fight!
no, i said its the first time in his PRO career he's been down. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
606 Posts
If you remember Khan actually got knocked down by that french bloke in his 1st 10 round fight at the Excell areana
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thepowerdavies said:
If you remember Khan actually got knocked down by that french bloke in his 1st 10 round fight at the Excell areana
i dont recall that davies, but if you seen it i beleive you. :thumbsup:

khan has only beenm down twice in his career. :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,505 Posts
lol its all good, i didnt pay attention but it could be because of his skinny legs. DLH early in his career when he was at the lower weights had really skinny legs and got knocked down a few times, but then as he moved up the weights showed to have a good chin. I hope its the same for Khan.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
tommygunn said:
britains olimpiv silver medalist amir khan has beaten corageous scotts man willie limond in a 9 round TD. the early rounds were close and fought at a fast pace with khan having the edge in them.

the 6th round saw amir taste the canvas for the first time in his pro career but it looked more like a push than a punch after willie hit him with a good shot.

the very next round khan came out with his bit between his teeth and dominated the round flooring limond with a great upercut.

khan then went on to dominate the 7th-8th rounds before the doctor stoped it just before the start of the 9th.
Had you worried for a minute right. :laugh:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
prettyboywho said:
Had you worried for a minute right. :laugh:
worried enough to spit my beer over the TV dude. :laugh:
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top