• yes

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • no

Votes: 5 27.8%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Now if you look on the WBC WORLD RANKINGS you will see that Amir Khan is ranked 4th the question is how?? You will not see any of his contenders on the top 40, including his last fight against Kristjansen!!
You will also see on the rankings Jon Thaxton the true geezer appears 40th, so would you say Amir Khan is ten times better..? I DONT THINK SO!!!
You also have Yuri Romanov ranked 8th and I think you can tell that Amir Khan would not do to well against the ghost of a figure who would haunt you all night, wait for you to make mistake's then take your bleedin head off!!!
Now there is protecting your fighter but with Amir Khan I think everyone is getting bored of all the hype and none of the action also, his fighters cant even bang..
Its going to be very interesting to see if there is anymore feather fisted fighters out there for Amir Khan we must be running out by now, as he has had most of them.. It will be interesting to see him when he steps up to the top level where they all punch hard, I think he's in big trouble!!!

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Jesus the kid is a prospect sooner or later he will fight somone, theres alor of money in these kids and the promoters are smarter then that. Im sure Kahn has nothing to say about who he fights.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
Jesus the kid is a prospect sooner or later he will fight somone, theres alor of money in these kids and the promoters are smarter then that. Im sure Kahn has nothing to say about who he fights.
yup yup. just like most prospects.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Graham Earle can hit, he's a former European champion with a good pedigree.

·
Registered
624 Posts
khan can only beat who's put in front of him! and no one can say he has looked bad against anyone he's fought!

its still early days, theres a lot of fights left for khan and he has everything he needs to be world champion!

·
Registered
424 Posts
I agree with both sides.. First, chill out the dude is just a prospect, no one should expect him to do more then he is doing right now. Second, I DO agree that he shoudlnt be rated #4. it seems the ratings are based more off who is popular and less on who is better.

-melty

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Okay. I knew the name sounded familiar. I haven't seen much of his fights cuz they are not shown here. I seen like 2 or 3 fights. I'm ask Gerald or Lorenzo about him. They have all kinds of fights in there library.
He's talented no doubt. But like every Frank Warren fighter he's severely protected. We got damn near all his fights. You can check them out Saturday and make your own opinion.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
LOL. Than I\'ll ask Danny about him.
He\'s one of the top 3 best prospects in boxing. He\'s very talented. I think he can go a long way. I like him. Violent is not as high on him as I am. He thinks his chin is weak and will hold him back. And he might have a point. Khan has not faced a puncher yet. And he\'s still been hurt. We\'ll see how his career plays out

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Gerald doesn't like him.
I just don't think much of him

He\'s one of the top 3 best prospects in boxing. He\'s very talented. I think he can go a long way. I like him. Violent is not as high on him as I am. He thinks his chin is weak and will hold him back. And he might have a point. Khan has not faced a puncher yet. And he\'s still been hurt. We\'ll see how his career plays out
And that's exactly why

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I just don't think much of him

And that's exactly why
Theres nothing wrong with his chin, it was a temple shot that floored him, it dont matter who you are if you get caught with that shot your going down, it scrambles your equilibrium. You boxed, you should know this.

It was his defence that was weak though, you should not get hit with those shots at the top level. Its good to see he's improved his "D" though, its been vastly improved his last two fights, he's not walking in with his hands as low now. Prospects are expected to do hings like that though, thats why there not in with champions after 5 fights, they need to learn there trade in the pro game which is very different from the AM's. You dont get punished as much for a mistake in the AM's as you do as a pro.

Who ever talked about his high ranking, he beat Limond who was ranked top 15 by the WBO, Earle who was ranked top 5 by the WBO and krijstianson was ranked 3 by the WBO.

Any fighter who beats 3 ranked guys is getting a shot these days, some get a shot before this.

Khans comming along very nice, his chin is fine.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Theres nothing wrong with his chin, it was a temple shot that floored him, it dont matter who you are if you get caught with that shot your going down, it scrambles your equilibrium. You boxed, you should know this.

It was his defence that was weak though, you should not get hit with those shots at the top level. Its good to see he's improved his "D" though, its been vastly improved his last two fights, he's not walking in with his hands as low now. Prospects are expected to do hings like that though, thats why there not in with champions after 5 fights.

Who ever talked about his high ranking, he beat Limond who was ranked top 15 by the WBO, Earle who was ranked top 5 by the WBO and krijstianson was ranked 3 by the WBO.

Any fighter who beats 3 ranked guys is getting a shot these days, some get a shot before this.

Khans comming along very nice, his chin is fine.
He's looked better in his recent fight. I'll give him that. But I want to see him face a guy who can punch. And no I don't consider Graham Earl and his 12 knock outs a puncher.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
He's looked better in his recent fight. I'll give him that. But I want to see him face a guy who can punch. And no I don't consider Graham Earl and his 12 knock outs a puncher.
Ive seen all Earles fights. He's not concussive but he's a hard hitter. He has a 49% knockout ratio, thats pretty good, considering he was fighting at a pretty high level.

Anyway, both Nate and Casa can punch, he'll be in with those guys pretty soon.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts