Votes: 11 100.0%
  • St Clair

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Commonwealth lightweight titleholder Amir Khan (16-0, 12 KOs) scored a one-sided twelve round unanimous decision over former IBF junior lightweight world champion Gairy St Clair (39-6-2, 17 KOs) on Saturday night at the ExCel Arena in London. Judges had it a shutout, 120-108 across the board. It was the biggest win yet in the career of the 21-year-old British phenom.

·
Registered
624 Posts
khan's got this all the way, may very well go the distance but, khan will not loose this, he's fitter younger and stronger, all St. Clair has over khan is experience and it won't be enough to stop khan!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Another win for Khan though St Clair has the experience to take him a few rounds.

Pity Khan is fighting a guy that started out as a Featherweight and once again has no power. When is Khan going to fight someone who can actually punch hard?

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
It was a joke. Gary said that he will ko Khan. I know it wont happen but I do believe that it might go the distance.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Does he fall off the map if he dont stop him???
IMO no Ron, this guy aint been stopped and he's mixed in some good class, Khan has proved he can punch, its just St clair has proved he can take a dig.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Its too early to say hes off the map, but i would be very disappointed if he didnt stop the guy. This guy did mix it well with Harris/Corrales but that was a good few years ago, he aint the same fighter..

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its too early to say hes off the map, but i would be very disappointed if he didnt stop the guy. This guy did mix it well with Harris/Corrales but that was a good few years ago, he aint the same fighter..
Not the same fighter but he's never been KO'd, chins dont get better or worse.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I think they do. He fought abit of his career at lower weights too, although he did go 10 rounds with Harris at 140. He did have short notice for the fight too.. the way Khan is hyped he SHOULD be stopping these kind of fighters.. don't you think?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think they do. He fought abit of his career at lower weights too, although he did go 10 rounds with Harris at 140. He did have short notice for the fight too.. the way Khan is hyped he SHOULD be stopping these kind of fighters.. don't you think?
Not with a fighter who's been KO'd, you cant say that for sure Tom.

If you use that logic The heavys should be knocking James Toney out, Garys proved he has a granite chin against massive punchers like Chico who at 135 was one of the hardest punchers in the world P4P.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was going to bet big on this fight, but it doesn't seem like the lock I expected it to be.
Khan wins this fight easily but it looks like it could go the distance, any stoppage for Amir in this fight would impress the hell out of me.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts