Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Kahn or Gomez?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gomez down in 1, Kahn down in 2, Gomez hurt in 3, Kahn hurt in 3, Gomez down in 5, Ref stops it in 5. Kahn wins via TKO. Great fight.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is a total mis-match!! Khan has been saying more months that hes above domestic level and has avoided Thaxton because of it yet Warren matches him with a beaten fighter like Gomez?!? Its a joke, I can understand Khan wanting a warm up before a title fight (which imo is way too soon) but Gomez just isnt good enough OR fresh enough. He took a bit of beating against Johanssen and will be so easy for Khan to pick him off. I really can't see the point in this fight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
This is a total mis-match!! Khan has been saying more months that hes above domestic level and has avoided Thaxton because of it yet Warren matches him with a beaten fighter like Gomez?!? Its a joke, I can understand Khan wanting a warm up before a title fight (which imo is way too soon) but Gomez just isnt good enough OR fresh enough. He took a bit of beating against Johanssen and will be so easy for Khan to pick him off. I really can't see the point in this fight.
Thaxton is poor now, guys like Earle and Limond would school his ass.

The reason he isnt fighting Khan is because he is demanding 200k for this fight. Khan wanted it but Thaxton priced himself out.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Thaxton is poor now, guys like Earle and Limond would school his ass.

The reason he isnt fighting Khan is because he is demanding 200k for this fight. Khan wanted it but Thaxton priced himself out.
Khan should be aiming higher anyway

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Its £200k which is just under $400k. Khan is probably making 7 figure sums in $$$, but Thaxton wantedd $400k to fight him which was abit ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
This is an easy fight. Khan by early stoppage

·
Registered
772 Posts
yeah, this fight is khans for the taking, the only way khan looses is if he doesn't turn up.

i really want to see just how good khan is he really needs to start upping the competition, these sort of fights won't teach him anything new, but hopefully once he has his new trainer, the next fight will be a big fight.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
200k is a lot for a fighter on british level. i mean you could buy a house for that here. remember it's 400k dollars nearly, which is what zab judah gets for fighting people. amir most definately gets much more. he has sponsorship from reebok and he goes to quite a few events and does speeches which is probably 10k uk pounds or 20 us dollars a pop.

it's basically because the uk is lacking world talent and if we get a gold medalist in the olympics at all, they get sponsorship 100% guranteed. in america i bet the athletes in the olympics don't get much attention where as the uk does if they even get a medal lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
khan v gomez

im fed up wit people constantly rushing khan! there is a hell of a way to go before he is goin to challenge for the world titles. HIS defence is non existent and against gomez he is going to be tested! GOMEZ WILL NOT BE A WALK OVER! it will go the full 12 with amir tiring at the end.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
im fed up wit people constantly rushing khan! there is a hell of a way to go before he is goin to challenge for the world titles. HIS defence is non existent and against gomez he is going to be tested! GOMEZ WILL NOT BE A WALK OVER! it will go the full 12 with amir tiring at the end.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts