Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
amir is faster stronger hits harder and has equal footwork, floyd is beter defensivly though, id say amir would take floyd out just now he is that good and will win a world title before he turns 21 that is his ambition.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
tommygunn said:
amir is faster stronger hits harder and has equal footwork, floyd is beter defensivly though, id say amir would take floyd out just now he is that good and will win a world title before he turns 21 that is his ambition.

C'mon !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Its good to support your hometown heroes etc but be reasonable.

I am not even gonna debate this one.

Khan may get a title in the next year or 2 but thats the most I can agree with you.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I got to stick with Erik on this one. He is good but you talking about the number 1 P4P fighter in the world getting beat by someone that is not that well known, does not have a world title, and might not even be ranked that high.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
i would agree. Amir is a up coming talent and has a great future but mayweather is on anouther level. Mayweather would destroy khan in a 12 round fight.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
prettyboywho said:
I got to stick with Erik on this one. He is good but you talking about the number 1 P4P fighter in the world getting beat by someone that is not that well known, does not have a world title, and might not even be ranked that high.

Yeah dont forget has only 10 career fights & all 6 rounders but 1 fight.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mayweather is taylor made for khan, amir is impossible to counter and is about a zillion times faster than floyd. this kid is a british champ by march and a world champ by this time next year.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
tommygunn said:
mayweather is taylor made for khan, amir is impossible to counter and is about a zillion times faster than floyd. this kid is a british champ by march and a world champ by this time next year.

You said he can beat Mayweather right now.:laugh:

Anything you say from now on means nothing. Your totally biased toward UK fighters & dont even think about what your saying.

I wont argue with you anymore you right.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its a matter of opinions asnd if this thread offends you so much then why post in it :confused: khan at the age of 17 years old beat the greatest amature fighter in history cuban mario kindelan, who by the way holds wins over trinidad, mosely and casamayor. im not bias against fighters from any country but know a good un when i see them. by the way all khans team now know he's ready for the big time and he did challenge floyd to a 4 round fight last year for £1000.000. ;)

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
tommygunn said:
its a matter of opinions asnd if this thread offends you so much then why post in it :confused: khan at the age of 17 years old beat the greatest amature fighter in history cuban mario kindelan, who by the way holds wins over trinidad, mosely and casamayor. im not bias against fighters from any country but know a good un when i see them. by the way all khans team now know he's ready for the big time and he did challenge floyd to a 4 round fight last year for £1000.000. ;)
Thats insulting. Why would FLoyd fight ANYONE for that amount? (unless you missed a comma /decimal somewhere)

Sounds like his camp just wanted to get some attention.

Youve got to be kidding though with this, right?
Beat Floyd Mayweather?:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Tommy Tommy Tommygunn I respect your opinion but Khan needs atleast 3 or 4 more years yet to think about talking to Mayweather.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the only reason khan aint fought better oposition is you cant fight more than 8 rounds untill your 20 in the uk. and why not be the best at that age if your good enough your old enough, look at mike tyson at 20 he was fighting for the hw title. khan is a very special fighter and aims to retire in 4 years time !!!

·
Registered
187 Posts
tommygunn said:
the only reason khan aint fought better oposition is you cant fight more than 8 rounds untill your 20 in the uk. and why not be the best at that age if your good enough your old enough, look at mike tyson at 20 he was fighting for the hw title. khan is a very special fighter and aims to retire in 4 years time !!!
Aims to retire in 4 years?!
Snap!!

He'll be 24, and at the rate fighters fight these days, that's what, 7, maybe eight more fights?? He's only had ten pro fights, and one of them has been a ten rounder.

As soon as he "steps up" to ranked opponents and stays at the ten round fight level, frequency of fights will slow way down. The combinded records of his opponents is 116-99-10. That's barely over 500% in the win/loss ratio. Factor in that most were 4 and 6 round fights against total no names, and I'd say it's a little early to start calling out Mayweather. Like most young professionals, he's not been tested to see how his talents stack up against another skilled boxer.

So yes, he looks great and shows promise, but he's far from special just yet. Two of his three points victories have come at the hands of fighters with more than ten losses on their records....that's a sure sign that once he's in the ring with a more experienced fighter, he has trouble with them, and gets taken the distance.

I hope he does well, but he's not ready to fight Mayweather just yet. Maybe Hatton. ;)

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jetcar said:
Aims to retire in 4 years?!
Snap!!

He'll be 24, and at the rate fighters fight these days, that's what, 7, maybe eight more fights?? He's only had ten pro fights, and one of them has been a ten rounder.

As soon as he "steps up" to ranked opponents and stays at the ten round fight level, frequency of fights will slow way down. The combinded records of his opponents is 116-99-10. That's barely over 500% in the win/loss ratio. Factor in that most were 4 and 6 round fights against total no names, and I'd say it's a little early to start calling out Mayweather. Like most young professionals, he's not been tested to see how his talents stack up against another skilled boxer.

So yes, he looks great and shows promise, but he's far from special just yet. Two of his three points victories have come at the hands of fighters with more than ten losses on their records....that's a sure sign that once he's in the ring with a more experienced fighter, he has trouble with them, and gets taken the distance.

I hope he does well, but he's not ready to fight Mayweather just yet. Maybe Hatton. ;)
again i will say time will tell, but he's already got a fight against john thaxton for the british lightweight title next and plans to fight stateside after that so this will be his 12th fight and he's in the states. as he said world champ within a year. by the way guy's he only turned pro about a year ago thats about 10 fights in a year which is unheard off. :cheeky4:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sliznut said:
Prince Naseem Jr?
why compare im to naz just because he's asian. :confused: naz was a fighter who we all know was full of **** but khan seems to have a diffrent confidence about him not an arogant one.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
£1m was the figure, and theres a diffrence between confidence and arogance, isee mayweather in the same mold as hamed far to cocky for his own good. dont get me wrong i was a naz fan but had my eyes wide open to what he done in the game.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Its just I dont think this ahmed guy has a right to challenge PBF at this point in his career. He hasn't paid his dues yet. It's arrogant of him to think that he can challenge the top p4p fighter when he is a relative nobody.

Prince was entertaining to watch at least. His entrances were like something from a rocky movie.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts