Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From TommyGunn, Boxing Forum . Com

Let me start off by saying Hi champ. Well, that is not exactly accurate seing how Joel Casamayor is the real champion at 135.

I'll start again. Hi alphabet soup champ. Ive just got through with reading your "open letter" to Schaffer and using your words its the biggest load of HOGWASH ive ever read in my life!

First of all. You claim you have a real promoter. So why the hell are you trying to whore yourself out to GBP every time you open your mouth? Surely your "real promoter" as you say can get you fights that dont involve GBP? There are lost of other fights out there you could be making but still you moan, bitch and spout BS at every oportunity you get about Casamayor (a fighter who handily beat you before) and other GBP fighters.

Your right about Santa Cruz though. He is deserving of a rematch with Casamayor. Infact, he is much more deserving than you actualy are, because from what i see with all this mess is out of the 3 top ranked fighters at the weight the guy who is rated #1 has already beat the guy who is rated #2. That same #1 guy would also beat that same #2 guy 6 days a week and twice on Sunday where as Santa Cruz clearly should have had a draw atleast.

Juan Diaz vs Joel Casamayor is just as deserving a match as Joel Casamayor vs Nate Campbell is, infact its probably worth a little more seeing how Casamayor already has a win over you and would pretty much box rings round you again in my opinion. The thing about this is though why do you keep bitching? I know in the sport of boxing a fighter with a big mouth will make more money than a fighter who does not but come on, you aint exactly Floyd Mayweather are you? It looks very much like this grudge you hold is through not getting to fight Casamayor when infact there is another fighter who deserves the fight more than both yourself and Juan.

Another thing. Your trying to discredit the sport of boxing by saying GBP are only interested in keeping "there title" in house. If that was realy the case then surely we'd have seen Bernard Hopkins get the decision over Joe Calzaghe who is a Frank Warren fighter? Did not happen, Why? Because the decision went to the fighter who deserved the win, not the "inhouse fighter".

Now. You have to be comended on your willingnes to fight i'll give you that but what is the problem with getting your "real Promoter" to make a fight for you in June or August then you can fight Marquez in November? This is the easy and logical way around all the BS man and everyone is a winner. Well except poor Santa Cruz.

When all this is said and done and if you beat Marquez then yeah, you can claim foul if you still dont get the fights. Right now though.......Not a chance in hell because there are fighters just as deserving and also more deserving than you are.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Diaz does not deserve to fight Casamayor. The guy just got beat. What the hell is that? Richard Schaefer is a crook. It's like saying Paul Williams is more deserving of a shot at Cotto than Quintana because Cotto beat him a while ago even though Williams just lost. Nonsense.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diaz does not deserve to fight Casamayor. The guy just got beat. What the hell is that? Richard Schaefer is a crook. It's like saying Paul Williams is more deserving of a shot at Cotto than Quintana because Cotto beat him a while ago even though Williams just lost. Nonsense.

Neither is deserving. Casamayor should fight Santa Cruz.

Juan aint lost to Casa before, Nate has clearly.

You missed the obvious point i was making.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I agree 100%:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Neither is deserving. Casamayor should fight Santa Cruz.

Juan aint lost to Casa before, Nate has clearly.

You missed the obvious point i was making.
Nate is more deserving than Diaz. Due to the fact that Nate just whooped Diaz's ass and its been 5 years since Nate lost to Casa. Both are very different fighters now.

And although i agree Santa Cruz should get the fight, it just ain't gonna happen.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nate is more deserving than Diaz. Due to the fact that Nate just whooped Diaz's ass and its been 5 years since Nate lost to Casa. Both are very different fighters now.

And although i agree Santa Cruz should get the fight, it just ain't gonna happen.
Your right, Santa Cruz does deserve the fight and indeed Casa has beat Nate before so he should indeed stop bitching like he is the only guy out there who deserves to fight.

Neither Nate or Diaz deserve the fight. A case can be made for Diaz deserving it just as much as Nate does though.

Kessler is #2 at 168 but if Calzaghe was to fight anyone there it wouldn't be Kessler it would be Bute.

Same $hit here.

It does not matter if the fight with Nate was a few years ago because any version of Casa beats any version of nate.

That was obvious from there first fight.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
A case can be made for Diaz deserving it just as much as Nate does though.
Diaz just lost. Recently. There's no way he deserves that fight. Let's put it this way : if France and Italia were to meet in the next world cup and someone said "France doesn't deserve that match after losing to Italia in the last world cup". Wouldn't that be BS? Different time, different circumstances. Boxing is probably the only sport where shiit like that can happen.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Diaz just lost. Recently. There's no way he deserves that fight. Let's put it this way : if France and Italia were to meet in the next world cup and someone said "France doesn't deserve that match after losing to Italia in the last world cup". Wouldn't that be BS? Different time, different circumstances. Boxing is probably the only sport where shiit like that can happen.

Look at this way.

If Calzaghe dropped back down to 168 and had a choice between Mundine and Kessler that doesn't mean Kessler should get the fight just because he beat Mundine.

Because of course he lost to Calzaghe.

Nate needs to stop bitching, there is a fight more deserving than him and Juan is just as deserving.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Look at this way.

If Calzaghe dropped back down to 168 and had a choice between Mundine and Kessler that doesn't mean Kessler should get the fight just because he beat Mundine.

Because of course he lost to Calzaghe.

Nate needs to stop bitching, there is a fight more deserving than him and Juan is just as deserving.
If Calzaghe moved down to 168 and Kessler just had a victory the rematch would be a lock. I'm confident Campbell will fight Casa anyway but damn he's getting screwed up. He should fight Santa Cruz in a "screwed fighters" showdown.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I actually pretty much agreed with everything you said in that letter Tommy :D He needs to stop bitching and stay busy.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If you consider FM a chump for not fighting the best, you shouldn't hold Casa to double slandered.
I understand how you can make the argument that Nate had his chance and squandered it, and there isn't a much more deserving challenger than J Diaz, but Juan is not the number one contender.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you consider FM a chump for not fighting the best, you shouldn't hold Casa to double slandered.
I understand how you can make the argument that Nate had his chance and squandered it, and there isn't a much more deserving challenger than J Diaz, but Juan is not the number one contender.
There is a huge difference. Casamayor has always fought the best guys in his division.

If we're sitting here in 4 fights time and he's still not fought the #2 guy then i'll call BS.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Casamayor is just looking for the biggest pay day he can get. And there's nothing wrong with that. He deserves it. If it's Diaz than so be it. Casamayor is the true 135 champion. He calls the shots. Not Campbell.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
How much did Schaefer pay you for this? Nate was responding to a comment the CEO said. Your getting on Campbell because you feel he is undeserving of a rematch since he lost to Casamayor 5 years ago get over it, he's gained 3 of the 4 major alphabet belts while beating the #1 fighter in the division and 3 of the top 10 after losing to Joel. If thats not deserving of a rematch what is?

Juan Diaz was a really good champ, beating champs and contenders alike, but he lost his last fight in the lightweight division so unless he beats, at least, a top 20 contender he shouldn't be allowed a shot. Whatever happened to earning your way back to a title shot?

Santa Cruz should have gotten an immediate rematch, he beat the 'champ' (no matter what the scores said) with mediocre skills. Since then he has fought no one thinking he had leverage with no fan base in a boring fight, he is paying his manager for nothing. I don't really care though Casa needs to hurry up and lose to Diaz, Campbell, anybody that won't hold that title hostage, he looks almost shot

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
How much did Schaefer pay you for this? Nate was responding to a comment the CEO said. Your getting on Campbell because you feel he is undeserving of a rematch since he lost to Casamayor 5 years ago get over it, he's gained 3 of the 4 major alphabet belts while beating the #1 fighter in the division and 3 of the top 10 after losing to Joel. If thats not deserving of a rematch what is?

Juan Diaz was a really good champ, beating champs and contenders alike, but he lost his last fight in the lightweight division so unless he beats, at least, a top 20 contender he shouldn't be allowed a shot. Whatever happened to earning your way back to a title shot?

Santa Cruz should have gotten an immediate rematch, he beat the 'champ' (no matter what the scores said) with mediocre skills. Since then he has fought no one thinking he had leverage with no fan base in a boring fight, he is paying his manager for nothing. I don't really care though Casa needs to hurry up and lose to Diaz, Campbell, anybody that won't hold that title hostage, he looks almost shot
Great post man :thumbsup:.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts

what balistik said:thumbsup:

i think it's safe to say that tommy doesn't rate campbell even though he beat the hell out of the man who was considered the man. those losses to peden and casa is all that matters as far as he's concerned even though they happened years ago. i personally feel that casa should be fighting no one else other than campbell. if campbell prices himself out or something then he could fight whoever he wants. beating a multi-belt champ should warrant a match with the linear champ imo.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I'd agree with almost all of this. Campbell deserves another go at Casa. The fact that he was comprehensively outboxed the first time around is completely irrelevant to the discussion. He has earned the chance to have another pop.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

No no no.

You missed the point too.

It can be argued that Juan is just as good a fight for Casa as Nate is because Nate already lost clealy. Santa Cruz is more deserving than both.

When the #1 guy gets what looks like a gift surely he should have to rematch the guy. Campbell is mouthing like its his devine right though.

what balistik said:thumbsup:

i think it's safe to say that tommy doesn't rate campbell even though he beat the hell out of the man who was considered the man. those losses to peden and casa is all that matters as far as he's concerned even though they happened years ago. i personally feel that casa should be fighting no one else other than campbell. if campbell prices himself out or something then he could fight whoever he wants. beating a multi-belt champ should warrant a match with the linear champ imo.
Juan was never considered the man, Casa was #1 right through his soup reign.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Juan was never considered the man, Casa was #1 right through his soup reign.
Juan was considered the man by most ringside experts. You can have a linear champ and another fighter who is considered the best in the same division at the same time. That's why the ring belt is not that great IMO.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Juan was considered the man by most ringside experts. You can have a linear champ and another fighter who is considered the best in the same division at the same time. That's why the ring belt is not that great IMO.
Juan was always ranked two, he was never the #1 guy.

Casa was the linear champion, he had been since beating Chico. Take the ring belt away and he'd still have been the linaer champion.

To be the man you have to beat the man.

Its like Cotto, a lot of people consider him to be #1 but untill he fights Mayweather he'll always be #2.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts