Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an email from a friend of mine in New York stating that in a recent run in at the Shane Mosley-Miguel Cotto fight Zab Judah was called out in a night club by Andre Berto. According to this Zab Judah responded in saying that Berto's career would be cut short if he stepped in the ring to fight Judah.

What do you guys think? Is Zab the next Ben Tackie?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
The right step-up for Berto IMO, he would take Judah out in the later rounds i think. Gonna be hard for him to find a way to grab a title at 147, especially if Mayweather is dead set at unfying all 4 belts.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I would love to see that fight but I think its still too early for Berto. Zab by ko in 5

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This would be a fantastic addition to that card. I see Judah stopping Berto after 8.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Rayman said:
That would be perfect fight for Berto, and then a title shot. The guy is ready.
Are you serious

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
prettyboywho said:
I would love to see that fight but I think its still too early for Berto. Zab by ko in 5
You sir, are correct.

Not a good fight for Berto right now, especially with his defensive lapses. It would be an impressive matchup between two of the fastest handed welters, both with power.
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this fight, but if I were in Berto's corner, I'd advise against it for now. He needs some more experience against good opposition before he starts fighting A level guys.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
prettyboywho said:
Are you serious
Very. The guy impressed the hell outta me against Estrada, and yeah I know Zab has better movement. Berto has every punch in his arsenal, and great ring savy for such a young guy.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Wow .. That would be awsome .. I want to see Judah do the chiken Dance again :) I would be going for Berto .. but it would be a sick fight I think .. and for the undercard for Pavlik-Taylor 2 .. hmmmmmmmmmm

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Hmm there have been talks about this fight for awhile and i had my doubts about how berto would do against him but after watching judah fight cotto, and then some no name and now another no name. I think berto wins. I wouldnt be surprised if judah won because he's awesome if he could get his **** together but I would put money on berto.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Rayman said:
Very. The guy impressed the hell outta me against Estrada, and yeah I know Zab has better movement. Berto has every punch in his arsenal, and great ring savy for such a young guy.
I would agree. berto's stanima is top notch as well. Estrada landed some clean shots that never hurt him or slowed him down. I wouldn't count berto out of this fight by any stretch.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Im sitll not to impressed with pavlik, taylor impressed me more than pavlik, but out of that night, Berto has come along ways, I see a huge fight between him and cotto building, I think mayweather may be gone by the time berto hits the big time. Gone as in retired undefeated.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Rayman said:
Zab would embarass Berto. Berto needs a few more fights. Zab will toy with him. Berto still makes lots of mistakes in the ring and Zab is seasoned. Zab would expose what Berto is lacking therefor making Berto a better fighter just like Toney did Peter.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
LeedsLad said:
The right step-up for Berto IMO, he would take Judah out in the later rounds i think. Gonna be hard for him to find a way to grab a title at 147, especially if Mayweather is dead set at unfying all 4 belts.
judah/berto? that would be must see tv:thumbsup:

i think a fight between mayweather\berto would be floyd' last fight. there's nothing like adding a young gun to your ledger after unifying all the titles. it's a perfect way to end his career.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
BigDigga said:
judah/berto? that would be must see tv:thumbsup:

i think a fight between mayweather\berto would be floyd' last fight. there's nothing like adding a young gun to your ledger after unifying all the titles. it's a perfect way to end his career.
Its definetly a fight that wouldnt disappoint, two of the fastest and hardest hitting Welter's out there.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
this would be an extremly important fight for both men really. this would take berto to a title shot and zab just can not afford another defeat if he seriously wants to get some of those titles back anytime soon. if zab gets ko'd that buts his career in serious jepardy.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts