Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANDRE BERTO: "I'M GOING TO TRY AND GET HIM OUT OF THERE"

"I just want to be remembered every time I step in there," stated undefeated welterweight contender Andre Berto as he made it clear that he's always looking to bring exciting fights for the fans every time he steps into the ring. Check out what he had to say about his upcoming clash with Michel Trabant this Saturday, Feb. 9 at 9:45 PM (ET/PT) on HBO Boxing After Dark as he hopes to get in line for a shot at a title.

read more

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Yea but he cant get too cocky. We saw what happens when he gets cocky on the big stage.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Actually, Ive never seen him get cocky on the BIG stage. I dont consider espn2 a big stage compared to fighting on HBO ( which he has 3 times ). He has always looked great on HBO. Its espn2 where he seems to get a little bored if he cant get his opponent out of there. I assume were talking about rivera?

He shouldnt have a problem with trabant and he shouldnt knock him out.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
When you have never headlined a national t.v. show and its your firdt time doing it. Meaning you are the main event. People came out to see you. Thats a BIG STAGE. And he got cocky tried to get the ko and got dropped.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Yea no doubt hes been in the spot light. Just dont want him to F up when the night is all about him.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Im a huge fan too and he cant afford a loss right now because he is the hottest pospect out. He dont need to end up like Guinn

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Berto has far better tools than Guinn. The only thing he needs to work on is his defence, and maybe footwork some. Hopefully we'll get to see a bit of that progression in his upcoming fight.

I do love his "get em out of there" mentality though. That is one menacing dude.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Yeah, Berto is there to fight and please the fans. Thats one thing I like about him. He has the mentality of tyson and the poise and skills of Roy Jones. Thats at least how I look at it. He definently can't afford a lose and he definently has the tools to keep winning for quite some time if he improves his defense like Steve said. Its getting better though. I have about 10 of his fights and you can see his progression fairly well.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I'm telling you man, that whip like jab Berto has would turn Hattons face into a tomato, I know it would be a calculated risk but I think Berto is gifted and ready..... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I like the way this kid is being brought up in his career. He's getting brought up, thus far, like Cotto was. One step at a time. They aren't rushing with this kid which is good. I had a feeling we'd be seeing him and Judah after his last win, but I was wrong, and I'm glad. I don't think he is ready for anything like Judah, Cotto, Margarito, or anything like that. Although, if he get's a nice impressive win over Trabant, I'd like to see him try his hand against Collazo, maybe.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Yeah he's clearly taking it one step at a time which is good. He has a bright future ahead of him and putting him in there with the golden age of the welterweights right now isnt a good idea just yet. I'd like to see him fight zab by the end of the year.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I agree Lance and Doc. I don't think Berto is ready for the likes of a Hatton, Cotto, or even Judah right now for one big reason. Andre takes too many shots. The defense needs to be improved drastically before he gets in there with any of the top 6 welters IMO. I also like the way he is being brought along. He's stil young.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts