Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rising Phenom Andre Berto Wins in a FOTY type fight. Berto seemed to win every round on the scorecards. Systematically breaking estrada down until in the 11th round, berto knocked down mid way through the round, estrada got up and berto landed a awesome upcut ending the fight immediately. Berto goes to 20 and 0 with 17 knockouts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
this is a definent step up for berto, but at least estrada has a big enough name that even if berto cant find a way to knock him out, people can say will mosley couldnt and it took cintron 10 rounds. Berto is going to need to improve on defnese and be a little more cautious but estrada is not as technically good as even rivera. Estrada likes to wing his shots and berto is very good at catchign wide punches. if berto can thrown his punches straight down the middle and utilize his jab while keeping his defense on his mind, he has the possibility of stopping estrada before cintron did.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thtas a wise choice, estrada is always game but he will be easier to ko than rivera. he has a little worser chin than river and is much wilder. berto eats up wide punches and catches most of them. berto is adapted the pickaboo and floyd mawyeather defense, if he can get one or the other down, he will be set for a title bout. Good test though. i got berto by 9th round ko.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Nicely progressing Berto along, wonder which alphabet title he'll go after first, there really isnt an easy way to get one at 147.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i agree, i talked to berto the other day and he said he wanted to go after the wbo first and he will still be fighting estrada in september. He says he just lost a focus because he thought it was to easy and he came in careless. he said he hurt his ankle while getting up from the kd and thats why he studdered. It was berto's first test against rivera and im sure he'll be tested against estrada, but berto will prevail the winner, like i see him doing for a very long time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Berto vs. Estrada

He told me about the same thing as TysonJames said, he basically just lost focused and didnt't expect to get hit back. He was real disappointed that he got knocked down but next time he said he will be more careful when he fights. I really believe in Berto and I think he will do good next time.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i agree, i watch berto on hbo and he looks so focused and poised, then i watch him on espn or showtime and he looks to go for the kill non stop. FOr some reason i think he does better on hbo and i know it sounds retarded. Because on hbo he jabs with his awesome jab and takes his time. i know its weird.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
most definently. Im sure we will, estrada always comes to fight so it'll be entertaining all the way. most likely end in knockout though.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
How many times has he fought on HBO and how many on ESPN? I dont think theres enough evidence there to support any fighting harder or more focused on one or the other. I think its entirely a product of who he is fighting. He wants to go for the KO everytime. He wasnt being hurt at all, and got a bit careless- hence the knockdown.

I think its actually a positive for him. He will learn from that to keep his hands up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Andre Berto vs David Estrada Reply to Thread

He does seem to fight better on HBO. He seems to be more concentrated and relaxes more in the ring. I don't know what it is, but I think it might be the lights or the cameras he has to get used to in the ring on ESPN. Either way he will get used to it and stay focused.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i agree steve and hotboy. andre learned alot , i agree he wasnt hurt at all. All fighters get dropped, its how they react after wards and he proved he has a fighteres heart and instinct. He has fought on espn 3 times and hbo 3 times.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.